I dont know what to do

I have moved from ireland to england and i dont know how to get my PC over here. I have a new case, cooler over here, i just dont know how to get the rest of the parts here safely? Do i take them in pieces? If so how do i package them? Im just at a loss, can anyone help? I would be flying it over to be clear on transport.

Edited by gigabytesmatter

4 minutes ago, gigabytesmatter said:

I have moved from ireland to england and i dont know how to get my PC over here. I have a new case, cooler over here, i just dont know how to get the rest of the parts here safely? Do i take them in pieces? If so how do i package them? Im just at a loss, can anyone help? 

Put it in a car and drive it over?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Take the whole thing at once, no need to disassemble if you arent throwing it around.

Well i need to get a plane from ireland to england. Thats the trouble. Any ideas?

Put it in a suitcase, pay the fee for extra luggage, ship over in the plane when you go.

5 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Put it in a suitcase, pay the fee for extra luggage, ship over in the plane when you go.

What about the baggage handler throwing it around ect? 

Use a courier like DHL, FEDEX, TNT, UPS etc., to ship the remaining components to you in England.

Which components do you still need to ship? Perhaps it is easier to just take them with you on a plane/ferry?

29 minutes ago, Yatys 93 said:

Is the ferry an option?

No unfortunately in my case. 

7 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Use a courier like DHL, FEDEX, TNT, UPS etc., to ship the remaining components to you in England.

Which components do you still need to ship? Perhaps it is easier to just take them with you on a plane/ferry?

I just need to take the gpu, motherboard, ram,cpu, power supply and ssd. Ive got new case here and cpu cooler 

1 minute ago, gigabytesmatter said:

I just need to take the gpu, motherboard, ram,cpu, power supply and ssd. Ive got new case here and cpu cooler 

Maybe bubble wrap and put it in overhead cabinbag in the plane?

21 minutes ago, gigabytesmatter said:

You could take a flight from Ireland to England.

- Make a back up of all the data on the SSD.

- Put the graphics card in an anti-static bag.

- Put the motherboard in an anti-static bag.

- Take a suitcase, fill it with your PC components and surround them with your clothes. Your clothes will serve as soft "padding" for your components, securing them in place and absorbing any potential shocks.

You might also consider taking your motherboard and your graphics card (both in an anti-static bag) in your hand luggage.

14 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

You could take a flight from Ireland to England.

- Make a back up of all the data on the SSD.

- Put the graphics card in an anti-static bag.

- Put the motherboard in an anti-static bag.

- Take a suitcase, fill it with your PC components and surround them with your clothes. Your clothes will serve as soft "padding" for your components, securing them in place and absorbing any potential shocks.

You might also consider taking your motherboard and your graphics card (both in an anti-static bag) in your hand luggage.

Would i leave the ram in the motherboard?

23 minutes ago, gigabytesmatter said:

Would i leave the ram in the motherboard?

No, I would definitely remove the RAM. Those RAM stick protrude too much and - although they might seem to be fixed quite well - a RAM slot is still a fragile component of the motherboard.

On the other hand, I recommend to leave the CPU in it's socket. Those pins can be bend very easily. So the socket is a safe place to transport your processor.

Both RAM and CPU don't require an anti-static bag.

10 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

No, I would definitely remove the RAM. Those RAM stick protrude too much and - although they might seem to be fixed quite well - a RAM slot is still a fragile component of the motherboard.

On the other hand, I recommend to leave the CPU in it's socket. Those pins can be bend very easily. So the socket is a safe place to transport your processor.

Both RAM and CPU don't require an anti-static bag.

Thanks, been helpful. I think ill do this. Just need to get some anti static bags i guess.

2 minutes ago, gigabytesmatter said:

Thanks, been helpful. I think ill do this.

You're welcome

Glad I could help :D

Just need to get some anti static bags i guess.

Can I assume that you don't have the original box of your GPU and/or motherboard anymore?

54 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Can I assume that you don't have the original box of your GPU and/or motherboard anymore?

Yeh its nothing new, just havnt needed to upgrade just yet. 

Yeh its nothing new, just havnt needed to upgrade just yet. 

Since you haven’t got the original boxes anymore, you’ll probably also won’t have the original anti-static bags anymore.

In that case you can look for anti-static bags on eBay (or Amazon). They are actually surprisingly cheap.

The larger bags, the ones that fit your GPU and MOBO, can be bought per piece from eBay.