External PSU for external watercooling

FYI: Already posted this in Cases and Power supplies but was advised to post it here in stead.

I'm looking to power 6 fans, a D5 pump, and a fan controller. Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM, and a NZXT Sentry 3

The fans and the pump need around 30 watts, probably a watt or two for the fan controller.

Is it as easy as using this?

https://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Phobya-external-PSU-230V-to-4Pin-Molex-70W-Including-Euro--UK-plug_58177.html

Please recommend other PSUs that suit my needs

Desktop Rig:

CPU: i7-6700K  Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65  Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE  Memory: Corsair VENGEANCE LED 3200Mhz (2x8GB)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270i  SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB, Samsung PM981 1TB  Case: Louqe Ghost S1

Monitor: Dell Alienware AW3418DW

No need to repost a 2nd time. If its been determined to be in the wrong section, a forum mod will move it to the correct sub forum. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

No need to repost a 2nd time. If its been determined to be in the wrong section, a forum mod will move it to the correct sub forum. 

It wasn't a forum mod that told me it would be better to post here, anyway I marked the other post as solved and I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Desktop Rig:

CPU: i7-6700K  Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65  Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE  Memory: Corsair VENGEANCE LED 3200Mhz (2x8GB)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270i  SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB, Samsung PM981 1TB  Case: Louqe Ghost S1

5 minutes ago, Owlman said:

FYI: Already posted this in Cases and Power supplies but was advised to post it here in stead.

I'm looking to power 6 fans, a D5 pump, and a fan controller. Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM, and a NZXT Sentry 3

The fans and the pump need around 30 watts, probably a watt or two for the fan controller.

Is it as easy as using this?

https://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Phobya-external-PSU-230V-to-4Pin-Molex-70W-Including-Euro--UK-plug_58177.html

Please recommend other PSUs that suit my needs

oh wow i didnt even know about those. i was about to suggest gettin a pico psu but that should do it too. 

maybe id still go with a pico psu fr the ability to hook up a power switch?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

I wasn't aware of such power supplies either.

Nevertheless, as @cluelessgenius mentioned, I would look for a model that has a built in power switch. Otherwise you'll need to physically plug and unplug the PSU every time you turn on your PC.

6 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

oh wow i didnt even know about those. i was about to suggest gettin a pico psu but that should do it too. 

maybe id still go with a pico psu fr the ability to hook up a power switch?

Do you have a particular pico psu in mind?

Desktop Rig:

This psu is good to use as an external power source for powering the pump for bleeding the loop. Just get a simple sfx or atx psu, and connect it to your main rig the same way miners do https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F142589905636

this way the external psu will be switching on and off with you rig.

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

7 minutes ago, Owlman said:

Do you have a particular pico psu in mind?

na .. honestly just check that alle the different voltages deliver high enough current. i just picked up a 70w pico from amazon and then an at least as high psu brick at 12v.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

9 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

na .. honestly just check that alle the different voltages deliver high enough current. i just picked up a 70w pico from amazon and then an at least as high psu brick at 12v.

Couldn't i just mod that phobya psu? The pico psus have the 24-pin which i don't need and it seems like it's going to be a bit of a pain to mount. I haven't mentioned this before but i'm putting all the water cooling parts in a phobya radiator stand 9x120mm 

Desktop Rig: