[Build Log] Walletripper - Titan V / 7980XE / SMA8-A

57 minutes ago, Kukielka said:

PRAISE TO THE M-F-ING RGB GODS!

16b18997-6811-4e7a-8979-b2f08db063ac.thumb.jpg.e4ec01c7db37053cf5a60516838958ae.jpg

Ok that etching looks great! If you don't mind sharing how you did it that would be great as I'm considering etching the glass or acrylic front window on my build. ?

20 minutes ago, TekRed said:

Ok that etching looks great! If you don't mind sharing how you did it that would be great as I'm considering etching the glass or acrylic front window on my build. ?

First of all, the new SMA8-As come with tempered glass, so yeah, that's what it is :)

I've contacted a local laser etching workshop and got it done professionally. Costed a bit over 50 bucks but it's well worth it. :)

A note on the side: mirror the image so that the laser etching is on the inside of the glass.

(Also: if you can, go with tempered glass over acrylic, maby even smoked tempered glass if you are getting a panel made anyways. :D )

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

2 minutes ago, Kukielka said:

First of all, the new SMA8-As come with tempered glass, so yeah, that's what it is :)

I've contacted a local laser etching workshop and got it done professionally. Costed a bit over 50 bucks but it's well worth it. :)

A note on the side: mirror the image so that the laser etching is on the inside of the glass.

There is no one near where I live that does it unfortunately, I've already checked. My InWin 303c also has tempered glass. I have a vinyl cutter I was thinking about cutting out the logos and using etching cream but not sure how it works on tempered glass