Problem with gigabyte and kubuntu

personman

In my new pc build I am using a gigabyte b360m ds3h and i am trying to install kubuntu on muh pc. When I try to use rufus to make the usb a boot drive, for some reason it keeps failing. And on the mobo bios i did something and now there is a black screen with some text about installing the os and pressing a key to continue and i can't seem to get out of it. This is my first build ever so nyeh. I would like some help please I don't know what i am doing wrong.

Hi @personman,

what kind of error message are you getting? if you think that you might have messed up something on the bios don't worry you have the option to reset the bios to the default settings. Any extra info that you can provide will come handy during the troubleshooting.

Oh and don't worry, we've all been there at some point :)

NeXTcube 12400 Z690M ITX 64GB SN770 6600XT Sugo16 12.5

NeXTserver 9400 H310N ITX 32GB SN350 5500XT Fara R1 12.5

NeXTstation 9900K Z390 ITX 32GB SN750 6800XT Enthoo 12.5

I don't think I did something wrong because it says to insert boot drive or press any key but i can't seem to get back to the bios screen.

2 hours ago, personman said:

I don't think I did something wrong because it says to insert boot drive or press any key but i can't seem to get back to the bios screen.

press del (you can press it many times no prob) as soon as it boots up, that will take you to the bios. You have to make sure that the usb with the installer is selected as the first bootable drive, you can also select the boot order by pressing F12 during boot.

//while using the forum, remember to quote or add the person you are replying to like this @personman, otherwise I don't get a notification that there is a new post on the thread :)

5 hours ago, Hashiba said:

press del (you can press it many times no prob) as soon as it boots up, that will take you to the bios. You have to make sure that the usb with the installer is selected as the first bootable drive, you can also select the boot order by pressing F12 during boot.

//while using the forum, remember to quote or add the person you are replying to like this @personman, otherwise I don't get a notification that there is a new post on the thread :)

@Hashiba

Okay, so now the bios thing is “fixed.” All I have to do now is get Kubuntu with Rufus but all of the guides for getting it are for versions of it under 3.0 although i could use some of the information from them to help me

2 hours ago, personman said:

@Hashiba

Okay, so now the bios thing is “fixed.” All I have to do now is get Kubuntu with Rufus but all of the guides for getting it are for versions of it under 3.0 although i could use some of the information from them to help me

The process is the same, did it work?