Pixel 2 XL VS Galaxy S9

ChrisLombart

Hi guys! I currently have both these phones in my possession and have to get rid of one but I just can't decide which one! What phone do you guys prefer and why? Thanks for the replies!

5 minutes ago, ChrisLombart said:

Hi guys! I currently have both these phones in my possession and have to get rid of one but I just can't decide which one! What phone do you guys prefer and why? Thanks for the replies!

The S9 is newer and faster, so I would keep that one.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Faster on Benchmarks =|= faster in real world.

Samsung smartphones tend to get slower over time - i have this with my S7 Edge since last year kinda.

Still, 6 months newer, but updates WILL come slower, especially from 2019 onwards. Pixel 2 will get Updates for 2.5 more years at least. And that timely.

Some prefer the Pixel 2 Camera over the S9 camera.

Sadly, the S9 still has only 4gb Ram. The S9+ would have an argument with 6gb, and a dual cam.

But Samsung does have the better Display. I fear, that event he Pixel 3 XL will have a Display worse than S8 even~

Honestly, this Thread is useless. YOU have the phones, so YOU play with them, and decide. It won't help you even a tiny little bit to hear other people's preferences or arguments, because you are not others ;-)

Only you can decide^^ You should make a pro-con list, see whats different, and how you weight those points. Do you enjoy Samsung experience 9.0 with it's features? You use some? Or are you annoyed by it maybe?

Do you "lack" some features in the naked Stock android?

Since we don't know any of those, it's not possible to answer your question at all.

So many factors... way too many to make a conclusion by a simple "it's newer, so it has to be better".