Oh boy... (PSU beginner question)

Okay... but I don't know if I'll get any help from them...

In other news, I checked the CyberPowerPC thread again and they suggested running RAM diagnostics on the computer. I couldn't get Memtest64 to work so I used the Windows diagnostics tool and found no error. Is the Windows diagnostics tool reliable or do I absolutely have to use Memtest64?

Even then, I don't think the problem is the RAM because the problem persists regardless of what I have running at the time.

Update on the CyberPowerPC tech support.

I left them a message but I have yet to hear their response. Possibly it might take a really long time.

WintermintP

WintermintP

How did you not get MemTest to work?

What are you temperatures?  Case?  CPU?   etc...?

2 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

How did you not get MemTest to work?

What are you temperatures?  Case?  CPU?   etc...?

It said I have to burn the iso to a disk and I don't know which iso I have to burn to the disk. I could've tried the USB method, had there even been a USB drive that I could use...

Also the other problem is that the instructions said I have to go to some kind of directory before Windows boots up but I tried all three menus only to find nothing.

How do I check the temperatures of these things? I'm sorry, but I'm a complete beginner to high-spec desktop computers. >.

Okay, huge update to the whole thing. I may or may not have found the problem itself. I know I had a freeze somewhere around this day.

eventviewer1.png

EDIT:

And these are another one of my findings:

eventviewer2.thumb.png.9a2190b2e99e48fabbc30c0e16633ea2.png

WintermintP

Well... that typically means the PC didn't support the sleep state it was trying to go into, but you were saying the PC was crashing while you were using it.  A PC shouldn't try to sleep while you're using it.  But if it is a power issue, you could try the Corsair PSU you just bought in place of that EVGA.  The Corsair is better, after all.

But yes... Memtest does not run in Windows.  It has to have an ISO burned to a USB or CD to run instead of Windows on boot up.  If that's beyond your scope of understanding... well...

To check your temperatures, you could download and run a program like HWInfo.  Alternately, you can find out what motherboard you have and use the program that your motherboard manufacturer typically provides.

14 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Well... that typically means the PC didn't support the sleep state it was trying to go into, but you were saying the PC was crashing while you were using it.  A PC shouldn't try to sleep while you're using it.  But if it is a power issue, you could try the Corsair PSU you just bought in place of that EVGA.  The Corsair is better, after all.

But yes... Memtest does not run in Windows.  It has to have an ISO burned to a USB or CD to run instead of Windows on boot up.  If that's beyond your scope of understanding... well...

To check your temperatures, you could download and run a program like HWInfo.  Alternately, you can find out what motherboard you have and use the program that your motherboard manufacturer typically provides.

The problem was figuring out which file I actually needed out of the compressed folder.

Anyway, I discovered another string of events that might or might not raise eyebrows. What I found leads me to believe that this could also be a GPU problem. Please check my previous reply as I've updated it with an additional image.

WintermintP

EDIT: Actually, nevermind, that just means the internet got cut off, I just learned.

WintermintP

Well.... does your CPU have integrated graphics?  

What CPU and graphics card do you have?