want to use a smilar graphics card, what to look out for?

Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,
2 minutes ago, snake_bumble said:

i want to switch my current graphics card AMD Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 for the AMD Sapphire Radeon 4850 x2, is there something that could go wrong in terms of different MHz rates or other differentiations?

You lose DirectX 11 features, as the 4850X2 is a DX 10 card. This also means support for it may be harder to come by or will be dropped soon. Why not get something newer?

is it possible to connect the AMD Sapphire Radeon 4850 x2 to the power supply with only one pci power connector rail? 

I'm not sure what you mean here. If you're asking if it's possible to use the card with only one plug, then sure, as long as there's only one connector on the card itself and it's of a matching pin count. But if the video card has two PCIe connectors, you need two PCIe power cables out of the PSU. And I don't think it's a good idea to try to split the one you have if you only have one as you can only assume the cable is good for the amount of power the plug is rated for. So if you have an 8-pin plug, you can only assume it's good for up to 150W. If the video card needs a 6-pin and an 8-pin, this is 225W total.

Hello,

i want to switch my current graphics card AMD Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 for the AMD Sapphire Radeon 4850 x2, is there something that could go wrong in terms of different MHz rates or other differentiations?

is it possible to connect the AMD Sapphire Radeon 4850 x2 to the power supply with only one pci power connector rail? 

because there it is said that I should be careful with graphic cards that require 2 pci express power connectors therefore require 2 own pci express power connectors

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-components/how-know-if-graphics-card-is-compatible-3588810/

if you need any other information about my system please ask.

-Motherboard: M4A78-HTPC

YOu need both power connectors.

Whats the rest of the system? That gpu is old, slow and not support, and dx10 only. Its also pretty power hungry. Also crossfire has its issues.

You lose DirectX 11 features, as the 4850X2 is a DX 10 card. This also means support for it may be harder to come by or will be dropped soon. Why not get something newer?

I'm not sure what you mean here. If you're asking if it's possible to use the card with only one plug, then sure, as long as there's only one connector on the card itself and it's of a matching pin count. But if the video card has two PCIe connectors, you need two PCIe power cables out of the PSU. And I don't think it's a good idea to try to split the one you have if you only have one as you can only assume the cable is good for the amount of power the plug is rated for. So if you have an 8-pin plug, you can only assume it's good for up to 150W. If the video card needs a 6-pin and an 8-pin, this is 225W total.

thanks for the quick answers.

from my power supply there is only 1 pci e power connector string so i would have to split it up into 2 but on the website it is said that to split the cable for the 2 pci e connectors that are on the graphics card would be not so good apparently. i would have to buy a new power supply then.