OnePlus 6 unlocks with just a Selfie picture ??

Go to solution Solved by factorialandha,

This doesnt surprise me, the reason i dont use face unlock, its absolutely pointless. 

Finger print and pin number is still my top uses.

Anyone who uses face unlock cares as much about security as a government agent in the movies / tv does. 

This doesnt surprise me, the reason i dont use face unlock, its absolutely pointless. 

Anyone who uses face unlock cares as much about security as a government agent in the movies / tv does. 

6 minutes ago, factorialandha said:

Totally agree with you on this one. Also I feel finger print security is mostly secure and does not require to hold phones in awkward positions !?

This is the case with a lot of (mostly older) Android devices, as they rely largely on the camera for face unlock and nothing else. Samsung (face and iris recognition) and Apple (sensor array which creates a depth map of your face) are relying on more, though I'd say that Apple has the best system at this point in time as it is more difficult to fool through conventional methods

13 minutes ago, Spider1991 said:

Totally agree with you on this one. Also I feel finger print security is mostly secure and does not require to hold phones in awkward positions !?

Hopefully under-screen fingerprint readers become more common so we can have a choice, because I agree with you on that second point. 

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

3 minutes ago, TheSLSAMG said:

This is the case with a lot of (mostly older) Android devices, as they rely largely on the camera for face unlock and nothing else. Samsung (face and iris recognition) and Apple (sensor array which creates a depth map of your face) are relying on more, though I'd say that Apple has the best system at this point in time as it is more difficult to fool through conventional methods

Hopefully under-screen fingerprint readers become more common so we can have a choice, because I agree with you on that second point. 

If other phone manufacturers can also implement the in display finger print sensor like Vivo ,albeit having a better response time then it would also lead to more screen to body ratio.Fingers crossed for Lenovo Z5..95% screen to body ratio touted in leaks..in display finger print sensor ?Maybe..