Ryzen 2600x showing as 5 core 10 thread??

Go to solution Solved by WarsawWarrior,
On 7/17/2018 at 5:20 PM, Darren501 said:

I have the same board and CPU, and I'm having the same issue. Was there ever a real fix for this?

I updated the motherboard BIOS to the latest beta version at the time, and have not had an issue since

I was overclocking my RAM and just ran a cinebench r15 test and the Ryzen 2600x is showing as a 5 core 10 thread CPU. Obviously, it is suppose to be 6 core 12 thread. What does this mean or is this just a cinebench r15 error?

error.PNG

@WarsawWarrior

maybe you disabled one of the Cores in BIOS?

also look in Task Manager, does it say 6 cores or 5 cores?

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

@syn2112 It says 5 core and 10 thread in task manager. I can reboot and go into bios and see if I disabled a core by accident.

1 minute ago, WarsawWarrior said:

@syn2112 It says 5 core and 10 thread in task manager. I can reboot and go into bios and see if I disabled a core by accident.

also did you use Ryzen Master? 

Yeah probably best to start out by checking the bios, we can them work from there.

@syn2112 @monjessenstein so I reset the RAM to just the XMP and did not see anywhere where I could have disabled a core. I was doing this in the motherboards bios. This is what Ryzen Master tells me:

error 2.PNG

@WarsawWarrior
so obviously Ryzen Master detects 6 cores, but the last core is running at very low speed.

Type MSConfig in windows search and hit enter, and then go to Boot>Advanced Options> and try to set the Number of Processors to 6

also i would suggest you uninstall Ryzen Master, cuz sometimes it messes things up and disables cores etc etc.

no one should ever overclock using software, always overclock with BIOS, unless you wanna go for a world record then sure use software to overclock.

@syn2112 So i reset the CMOS and uninstalled Ryzen Master, but still showing 5 cores and 10 threads. I also set the processors in the MSConfig to 6, but that made me have 3 cores and 6 threads. So I just turned that "set processor setting" off and restarted again, and now task manager says I have 6 cores and 12 threads... so problem solved?

2 hours ago, WarsawWarrior said:

@syn2112 So i reset the CMOS and uninstalled Ryzen Master, but still showing 5 cores and 10 threads. I also set the processors in the MSConfig to 6, but that made me have 3 cores and 6 threads. So I just turned that "set processor setting" off and restarted again, and now task manager says I have 6 cores and 12 threads... so problem solved?

oh sorry i shouldve said 12 not 6 :D forgot it counts threads as processors, but either way glad it worked

and also enable XMP or DOCP whatever its called on the Ryzen platform

22 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

oh sorry i shouldve said 12 not 6 :D forgot it counts threads as processors, but either way glad it worked

and also enable XMP or DOCP whatever its called on the Ryzen platform

@syn2112 okay so here’s the weird thing: turned XMP on again and now have 5 cores and 10 threads again. (in the MSConfig the highest I can set is 10) And the way the bios is, it seems I can’t change any RAM clocks or timing unless you activate XMP for some reason. I have an ASRock AB350 Pro4.

• 1 month later...

I have the same board and CPU, and I'm having the same issue. Was there ever a real fix for this?

On 7/17/2018 at 5:20 PM, Darren501 said:

I updated the motherboard BIOS to the latest beta version at the time, and have not had an issue since