Flashing a 1080 to a 1070ti?

ImNotThere

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to flash a 1070ti bios onto a 1080 to disable the extra cores? Purely to attempt to run in sli?

Not sure, but it likely requires a physical mod as well.

There was something about a geforce card that you could change to a quadro if you removed some transistors to trick the card into thinking it was something else but i don't know the details anymore and i don't know if such method would work in your case.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

8 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to flash a 1070ti bios onto a 1080 to disable the extra cores? Purely to attempt to run in sli?

im not sure but i dont think its easy to do that on nvidia cards. you can enable the extra cores, google it. but i DO NOT recommend it.

SLI requires the cards to use the same GPU and VRAM. Those 2 cards miss both of those requirements. AMD cards are a bit more relaxed with crossfire, but NVIDIA is very strict on this.