Looking for center channel mounting solution

radmanhs

I am trying to mount an Elac UC5 above my tv.  I don't have enough room under the tv and behind the tv is a window, so no wall mounting.  I'm trying to find some sort of mount that will allow me to attach it to the tv mount I'm currently using (this).  The tv is a Samsung MU6500, so the curve makes it difficult to use tv brackets.  On top of all this the speaker itself is rather heavy at 26lbs.  If there is a stand that can hold this weight that can be bolted on or through my current tv stand, it might work.  

Anyone know of a reliable way to mount this speaker above my tv?

Screams for DIY solution in my mind. I think you started out the wrong way with that stand, for whatever reasons, not judging here.

The speaker is too large, the TV is curved and that stand doesn't help with anything at all. I mounted a much smaller soundbar with these brackets to a TVs vesa mounts while being wallmounted:  https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Soundbar-Universal-Mounting-Adjustable/dp/B00IEM6DBG

Maybe you can adjust sth. like that to your needs by bending the shit out of it?!?!?... Good luck pal

I've got a goofy speaker setup, but what I did was just take a piece of plywood and mount it to the VESA mount on the back of my monitor and made a little shelf for the speaker to sit on. Works well for me. If you've got a 26lb speaker I suggest using something like thicker birch ply if you go with it.

Of course you would be going upwards with it, not downwards. Depending on the mounting options of the speaker you shouldn't need a shelf.

20180531_145730.jpg

#Muricaparrotgang

I just used a bog standard vesa 100 mount on mine, but then i'm only using a cheap speaker for my center and didn't mind putting some screw holes in the back of it

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!