Help me ROOT my A5 2017

Hi

I want to root my Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 so i can install a linux distro using linux deploy.

Heres the Specs:

Android 8.0.0

Model-Nr: SM-A520F

Basebandversion: A520FXXU4CRD3

Ive tried a number of tutorials, but all didnt work, all were for android 7 or lower.

I havent managed to get TWRP on there using these guides.

I have read something about unlocking the bootloader, but couldnt find any info on that.

I hope that you can help me, thank you in advance.

i dont have an unlocked bootloader, maybe its that?

Also this guide seems to be a tad old. android 6 id say.

You should be doing this from Download mode. Hold Power + Home + Volume down. Then flash everything

Hello

1 minute ago, TAHIRMIA said:

You should be doing this from Download mode. Hold Power + Home + Volume down. Then flash everything

i did. i flashed it with odin, let it restart, copied the files, shut down, and then do power+Home+Vol.up just like in te guide

Try flashing stock and then the root. 

Hello

Just now, TAHIRMIA said:

Try flashing stock and then the root. 

how do i flash stock?

2 hours ago, ZeroOne01101101 said:

should i download the 8.0 again, or would it be better to take the 7.0 or 6.0 one like in the guide?

Try 7 or 6

Hello

I'm pretty sure that you can't go back to the 6.0.1 stock as in the recent February software update doesn't let you downgrade and if you do it give you a prompt to factory reset your phone if you try to turn it on. Your better of downloading the 8.0 Oreo update in Sammobile.com than the older firmwares wasting your time. I know this from experience I wasted 6 hours downloading 3 firmwares 2 didn't work and the one that worked was the newest firmware of nougat. This was when 8.0 wasn't out yet in my region

7 hours ago, andreiadriano_ said:

I'm pretty sure that you can't go back to the 6.0.1 stock as in the recent February software update doesn't let you downgrade and if you do it give you a prompt to factory reset your phone if you try to turn it on. Your better of downloading the 8.0 Oreo update in Sammobile.com than the older firmwares wasting your time. I know this from experience I wasted 6 hours downloading 3 firmwares 2 didn't work and the one that worked was the newest firmware of nougat. This was when 8.0 wasn't out yet in my region

You can always downgrade, Sometimes you do need all 4 files when downgrading due to different bootloaders etc.

Hello