G-Sync / Frame Drop problem at Fullscreen with a second Non G-Sync Monitor

Hallo there,

i finaly bought a 144hz g-sync monitor (Acer Predator XB241Hbmipr) and i also have a second older one (Samsung Syncmaster SA350), which are both active. For the graphic card i use a "Zotac Geforce GTX 1070 AMP! Extreme Edition". Im using the newest graphic driver and i also actived the g-sync option and the nvidia menu.

My problem: When im ingame (fullscreen or windowed) and i want to watch a video on youtube in fullscreen mode both the game and video are starting to stutter and are breaking down to very low fps, untill i go out of the fullscreen mode in the video. I think g-sync is bugging, since my older monitor doesnt have g-sync and is only 60hz. I tried to disable the g-sync and then it worked fine. I could watch fullscreen video without any stutter and problems. I also tried both option "g-sync in fullscreen" and "g-sync in windowed and fullscreen", both had to same issues. then i tried to put my monitor on 60hz aswell, maybe there is a issue with to different hz and g-sync, but same results. I also have a similiar problem with that. when i watch video in non fullscreen and i enter a loading screen in a game (usually there are low fps in the loading screen), my video on the second screen is getting totaly messed up while that. the video is stuttering (i guess my gpu is syncing the fps of both displays) and sometimes it goes in slow motion while in loading screen and after it, it tries to catch up and runs 2 times faster for a short time. i know that my g-sync monitor is syncing with my gpu to match the frames and thats totaly acaptable in the loading screen, but why is there such a struggle while in fullscreen mode? its strange... i uploaded 2 video, where you can see the issues.

Is this a known problem? is there a way to fix this problem without disabling g-sync? are there any other settings?

fullscreen.mp4

loading screen.mp4

You can't watch videos in some games while using G-sync. However, sometimes turning Vsync on will help this.

you can, and you should. Something is not working as it should.

Probably a driver issue?

Wipe all your drivers with DDU, reboot, download the latest Nvidia driver, and install that. That might probably solve it already

57 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

you can, and you should. Something is not working as it should.

Probably a driver issue?

Wipe all your drivers with DDU, reboot, download the latest Nvidia driver, and install that. That might probably solve it already

I reinstalled whole windows 1 week ago, because i upgraded to a m.2. All drivers are the latest version and without any older ones laying around.