What do yall think of the b350 tomahawk?

Do you guys like it? I think it’s the best budget ryzen mobo :)

for the price, it has lighting, it's MSI, you can overclock good on it. I couldn't see why it wouldn't be a good choise

Seems like an OK mobo if you're on a budget. 

Just now, Dreamplay said:

Seems like an OK mobo if you're on a budget. 

How come just ok?

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

for the price, it has lighting, it's MSI, you can overclock good on it. I couldn't see why it wouldn't be a good choise

Completely agree with you :) especially when they’re like £60 new on eBay!

MSI and Ryzen? no thanks

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Going off of what Gamer's Nexus and Bullzoid said they are shit at OC'ing. Pretty much all B-boards are shit for OC. But if the price is right and meets your needs then go for it.

1 minute ago, Thmyrke said:

Completely agree with you :) especially when they’re like £60 new on eBay!

yeah, dutch prices are a little diferent. for me it's about 90 euro's, but still a great deal for ryzen boards

2 minutes ago, Thmyrke said:

How come just ok?

Well it's from a reputable brand and seems quite nice so I see it as ok, not the best but not a bad motherboard either. It's ok. I don't get why people see "ok" as negative. :)

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

MSI and Ryzen? no thanks

Oh, really? How come?

2 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

Going off of what Gamer's Nexus and Bullzoid said they are shit at OC'ing. Pretty much all B-boards are shit for OC. But if the price is right and meets your needs then go for it.

Yeah. Great if you’re on a budget. Haven’t had any problems so far! But I’m not known as a prolific overclocker, so it’s not my place to say if it’s good for it.

Just now, Thmyrke said:

Oh, really? How come?

shitty power components and they had quite a bit of problems with BIOS load times at the start. even on their highest end board the MOSFETs are meh and its only high end because they stuffed a bazilion on there. ASRock would be my prefered brand for AM4, mostly because of a personal grudge against ASUS but if you dont share that add them to the pool of acceptable

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Dreamplay said:

Well it's from a reputable brand and seems quite nice so I see it as ok, not the best but not a bad motherboard either. It's ok. I don't get why people see "ok" as negative. :)

Hehe, usually, I can’t really tell emotion through my pc lol :)

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

shitty power components and they had quite a bit of problems with BIOS load times at the start. even on their highest end board the MOSFETs are meh and its only high end because they stuffed a bazilion on there. ASRock would be my prefered brand for AM4, mostly because of a personal grudge against ASUS but if you dont share that add them to the pool of acceptable

You have some valid points. I did actually struggle with the bios but thank god it did end up working. But so far, that’s the only problem I’ve ever had! (Cross fingers)

It's not a good board at all. A crappy 4 phase VRM (only better than the even more terrible Gigabyte 4 phase), and only 5 USB type A ports. The fan control is also terrible, not allowing for the fans to completely stop. 

:)

3 minutes ago, seon123 said:

It's not a good board at all. A crappy 4 phase VRM (only better than the even more terrible Gigabyte 4 phase), and only 5 USB type A ports. The fan control is also terrible, not allowing for the fans to completely stop. 

Interesting. I, myself don’t really use much USB ports as I have a usb dock by my monitor for ease of access. But, I can see how this is a problem. And is the vrm really that bad? I mean, it is a pretty cheap board. But I kinda agree with you on the fan controll. That fuckin sucks, like how hard is it just to stop the damn fans? Lol

It’s a great board, it is relatively new with latest tech and looks really good.

Also check out the b350 plus it’s a great Board aswell. Plus it has the red less like the b350.

12 hours ago, Jcald01 said:

Also check out the b350 plus it’s a great Board aswell. Plus it has the red less like the b350.