do you think their gonna screw it up again releasing Titan X and titan XT after a few months?

saif96

after how things went down with titan xp im not sure if i can trust nvidia, do you think it would happen again? in my opinion i think the smartest choice is giving us Titan XT as soon as GTX 1180 becomes available i really dont think it would be smart giving us another titan for the same price and tiny bit better just for over a few months

what do you think would happen?

Probably.. Nvidia has done some really bonkers things in the past few years with cards and releases that really causes you to scratch your head... wouldnt be surprised if we didnt get it again. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

19 minutes ago, saif96 said:

after how things went down with titan xp im not sure if i can trust nvidia, do you think it would happen again? in my opinion i think the smartest choice is giving us Titan XT as soon as GTX 1180 becomes available i really dont think it would be smart giving us another titan for the same price and tiny bit better just for over a few months

what do you think would happen?

i think they will release the mid-range chips first ( 1170 and 1180) and then they will release the Titan (the huge chip) a few months later...and then they will release the 1180ti another few months later.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

i think they will release the mid-range chips first ( 1170 and 1180) and then they will release the Titan (the huge chip) a few months later...and then they will release the 1180ti another few months later.

i just hope they stop after 1180ti i really hope they dont bring up another titan after 1180ti

Just now, saif96 said:

i just hope they stop after 1180ti i really hope they dont bring up another titan after 1180ti

who cares? who's dumb enough to blow that kind of money on titan card anyways?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

20 minutes ago, saif96 said:

What they've been doing is clearly making them bookoo money. Release the X80 card so it's the top of the line, and everyone pays for it. Release the Titan later for the two companies that want one and the thousands of idiots gamers who want the best of the best, then release the X80 Ti a while later to try and get everyone that bought an X70 or X80 card to upgrade to the latest and greatest.

It's called milking the cash cow, and NVIDIA does an amazing job of it.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

who cares? who's dumb enough to blow that kind of money on titan card anyways?

non-patient customers like me who cant wait for a 1180ti :) which wont take a year after 1180

Just now, saif96 said:

non-patient customers like who cant wait for a 1180ti :) which wont take a year after 1180

:) i get that...but then, if the 1st titan they release has a few hundred less cuda cores than the 2nd version which is 2% faster...do you really care about it THAT much? i mean, it's not like the other one will allow you to crank all that many settings higher and go that more crazy on your gaming experience? it's the same fkn thing at the end of the day right?!

I'd check the CUDA cores - if it's nowhere near max for new architecture then you might expect a "fully unlocked Titan" later ;-)

It was this way with Pascal - it was widely known that max CUDA for that architecture was 3840 and yet they first Titan X released had "only" 3584. Now back then people didn't think twice about it because let's be honest, first no one expected 1080ti (these were the times where people couldn't fathom a non-Titan card to be as powerful as Titan so judging by how Titan X outperformed 1080, no one knew where exactly a 1080ti would land with performance) - and even if they did, then they did not expect it to be on par with Titan X.

So people were like "ok, it's not fully CUDA unlocked but it doesn't matter". And then NVIDIA released 1080ti which tied with much more expensive Titan X. And then they released fully unlocked Titan Xp with 3840 cores.

So now that we know that they are capable of making such a dick move, I say wait and count them cores :D

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones