Smashed S7 Edge screen

Haydenp10

Today I sadly dropped my S7 Edge and smashed the screen. Below I have attached photos of the damage. Do you think the glass needs replacing or the actual display? You can see that there are some weird pixels on the screen.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

usally when replacing the screen on any of the edge phones, usally they replace the digitizer as well

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

Do you have any phone / gadget insurance?  Did the same to my S8+ and was quoted £350 from some companies!

Fortunately had gadget cover insurance and just had to pay the excess...

Just now, Graham Carter said:

Do you have any phone / gadget insurance?  Did the same to my S8+ and was quoted £350 from some companies!

Fortunately had gadget cover insurance and just had to pay the excess...

Sadly not. I contacted Samsung and they said it would cost £220 to repair the screen which is expensive

Dude that sucks :(  

You could buy another S7 for that kinda price!

16 hours ago, Graham Carter said:

Dude that sucks :(  

You could buy another S7 for that kinda price!

I know, it's funny though. I went to the store and the engineer agreed with me that it was way too expensive. 

Time to upgrade^^

This is way too expensive to repair / replace the screen. It costs almost as much as a brandnew S7 Edge. In Germany, 299€ or so lol.

And i Wouldn't buy another S7 Edge... too old :/

Put another 250 bucks on top of that, and get the S9. In some deals, it gets down to like 520-550€~ already. And it's worth, 2 year longer updates, faster etc etc etc.

Or something from Huawei, or Oneplus 6?! 

9 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Time to upgrade^^

This is way too expensive to repair / replace the screen. It costs almost as much as a brandnew S7 Edge. In Germany, 299€ or so lol.

And i Wouldn't buy another S7 Edge... too old :/

Put another 250 bucks on top of that, and get the S9. In some deals, it gets down to like 520-550€~ already. And it's worth, 2 year longer updates, faster etc etc etc.

Or something from Huawei, or Oneplus 6?! 

I'm thinking about buying the OnePlus 6.