Windows 8.1 Build

Hey everyone. I have getting ready to build a new PC. I will be using Windows 8.1 Pro. I know there are going to be many of you out there that say just upgrade to Windows 10. However, I personally do not like Windows 10. I think that UI is ugly and dull, plus I already have the Windows 8.1 Pro license. With that being said I know that both Intel & AMD have stopped supporting Windows 7/8/8.1 with their new CPU's. I am also on a budget so I am not looking at anything outrageous. I am just looking for something that will work well for what I do with my PC. I am not planning to game on this PC, but I will be suing software like AutoCAD, SoftPlan, Chief Architect, PhotoShop, CorelDRAW, Microsoft Office, and web browsing. The processors that I have been looking at is the AMD FX series, and the Intel 6th Gen Pentium, i3, and i5. Could any of you guys out there recommend what you would bet would be the best CPU for around, or under $200. 

Don’t get an FX.

And why Windows 8.1 when 10 is better in every way including the UI?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

1 minute ago, Nexis3120 said:

I already have the Windows 8.1 Pro license.

This will activate 10, just saying.

Your probably best of with a 6600 here. Or something like a used x99 system if you can find one around.

Whats total ram+ motherboard + cpu budget?

Unpopular opinion Windows 8.1 is the best windows ui wise. It is clean and nice

I am trying to avoid this discussion turning into a Windows 10 vs Windows 8.1 topic. I already know that Windows 8.1 is unpopular to many people. My personal preference is Windows 8.1 over Windows 10. 

However, I am fine spending whatever I need to in order to get a good motherboard. I will be running 16GB DDR4 Memory. The only area that I am wanting to be on a strict budget is the CPU. I have read quite a few reviews on the AMD FX 8350. It seems to be that people either like them, or hate them; there is not a clear reason either way. What do you guys like about the FX and what do you hate about the FX?

35 minutes ago, Nexis3120 said:

I am trying to avoid this discussion turning into a Windows 10 vs Windows 8.1 topic. I already know that Windows 8.1 is unpopular to many people. My personal preference is Windows 8.1 over Windows 10. 

Keep in mind, and this isn't to change your mind, you don't have to spend more to get Windows 10.  Microsoft will still let you activate it with your current key.  You can change the UI too (classic shell).  Only reason I'd consider it is for compatibility reasons (95% chance this won't affect you).

At any rate, I'd recommend getting a Coffee Lake i5, but I don't know what prices/availability are like in your area.  So I can change that recommendation depending on a number of factors.  A lot of the programs you mentioned do prefer better ST performance, but if you can land an FX 8350/6300 much cheaper than a skylake cpu (if you're purchasing RAM too, it's possible), it may be worth the consideration.  I tend to find used i7 2600s for the same price used and tend to suggest that if you're going for an older platform.