WHAAA??? 100TB SSD???

I was looking online at SSD storage for a SAN array i'm planning to build, and came across this puppy - 100TB SSD!!! WHAAA???

https://nimbusdata.com/products/exadrive-platform/scalable-ssds/

Didn't think it existed, but clearly, it does. They also have an appliance that can squeeze 4.5PB (yes, PETAbytes) into 4RU. And it appears the 100TB is in a 3.5" form-factor. Looks like they beat Seagate to the party :P

Wanna do a review Linus?

I know the US military has higher capacity SSDs for their systems.

Living Room: HTPC (M1 Mac Mini 8/256) HiFi (Furman Elite-15 PFi > Cambridge 851N > Emotiva A300 > Focal Chora 826) Display (65-inch LG Oled, 22-inch Dell)

Office: Workstation (AMD 3900X, RX5700XT, 32GB) Headphones (Cambridge DacMagic+ > Schiit Lyr 3 > DT 990. 2 Sonos One in Stereo) Display (32-inch Gigabyte)

So expensive we don't even list the price and just send you through a set of learn more pages to a contact us page

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

And it’ll probs cost more than my freakin’ setup :0

12 hours ago, Thmyrke said:

And it’ll probs cost more than my freakin’ setup :0

If the 60TB Seagate disk costs approx. $50k USD, then the 100TB disk should be about ~$85k USD if you look at it in a "cost per TB" method. So yeah, you would have to mortgage your house to buy at least 2. As Linus said in the video in my original post, if you're buying a disk like that, you ain't just buying one.

10 minutes ago, ChristopherH said:

If the 60TB Seagate disk costs approx. $50k USD, then the 100TB disk should be about ~$85k USD if you look at it in a "cost per TB" method. So yeah, you would have to mortgage your house to buy at least 2. As Linus said in the video in my original post, if you're buying a disk like that, you ain't just buying one.

Daaaaaaaaaaamn!