Would you buy fans that have been pre-sleeved/shortened, even it it cost more? (Like Corsair RGB fans)

Voxels-Box

Would you buy fans that have been pre-sleeved/shortened, even it it cost more? (Like Corsair RGB fans)  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy fans that have been pre-sleeved/shortened, even it it cost more? (Like Corsair RGB fans with sleeved RGB cables and 4pin PWM fan extensions)

• Yes, and Id be willing to pay $5+ USD extra
    • Yes, but I wouldnt pay more than $5 USD for the service
    • No, I would prefer to sleeve them myself
    • No, the cost would negate the benefits

Im trying to gather public interest in a sleeving service that could presleeve fans in addition to core cables.

CPU - 1700X 3.7gHz | CPU Cooler - EK and Singularity Custom Loop | Motherboard -  Asus X370 Crosshair VI w/ EK Monoblock | RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz w/ Silver Paint| Graphics Card - Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC w/ EK Fullcover block with custom vertical mount | Power Supply - Corsair HX750i w/ self made Custom Cables and 3D printed Combs | Storage - 3x 3TB, 2TB HDD | Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME SSD, 500GB OCZ SSD | Case - Lian Li PC-09 Custom paint | Colour Theme - Silver & Black & RGB lights

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Logitech MX Master 2S Mouse/Wacom Intuos Pro5 Med

Like sleeved cables?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, Sylvie05 said:

Like sleeved cables?

Yes, like this: (Photo is my own work on my current rig)E4D06B7A-8E68-4502-BBCA-94FE42FA144E.jpeg

CPU - 1700X 3.7gHz | CPU Cooler - EK and Singularity Custom Loop | Motherboard -  Asus X370 Crosshair VI w/ EK Monoblock | RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz w/ Silver Paint| Graphics Card - Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC w/ EK Fullcover block with custom vertical mount | Power Supply - Corsair HX750i w/ self made Custom Cables and 3D printed Combs | Storage - 3x 3TB, 2TB HDD | Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME SSD, 500GB OCZ SSD | Case - Lian Li PC-09 Custom paint | Colour Theme - Silver & Black & RGB lights

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Logitech MX Master 2S Mouse/Wacom Intuos Pro5 Med

Personally, no. Fans are easy to sleeve, so I'd do them myself. I also have a load of left over sleeving supplies, so there's not an extra cost for me

1 minute ago, Voxels-Box said:

Yes, like this: (Photo is my own work on my current rig)

That looks nice, I’d probably only pay around $5 or so extra.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

19 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Personally, no. Fans are easy to sleeve, so I'd do them myself. I also have a load of left over sleeving supplies, so there's not an extra cost for me

Thats very understandable for your situation. Thanks for explaining your stance!

I wouldn't do it for fans since it depends solely on the cable routing and how things are laid out inside that specific case as it will vary heavily. If you were building a system for someone and having that as a luxury option then I can see it being practical. 

37 minutes ago, W-L said:

I wouldn't do it for fans since it depends solely on the cable routing and how things are laid out inside that specific case as it will vary heavily. If you were building a system for someone and having that as a luxury option then I can see it being practical. 

That makes sense. Would it be more practical if they were aimed at common fan configs for radiators? Like for example, the customer knew they were going to use a 360mm rad and a 480mm, so they could order fans that are either sleeved to those lengths to get to a splitter, or include extensions for the custom lengths?

10 minutes ago, Voxels-Box said:

That makes sense. Would it be more practical if they were aimed at common fan configs for radiators? Like for example, the customer knew they were going to use a 360mm rad and a 480mm, so they could order fans that are either sleeved to those lengths to get to a splitter, or include extensions for the custom lengths?

It might be doable if you wanted to have a set central location or if the customer specified the lengths, but at that point you could just cut the fan cable short and just have different length extensions like some brands have done.

For me it wouldn't be precise enough however I have zero slack my fan cables since they are made in place as I build the system. 

On 5/21/2018 at 12:16 PM, Voxels-Box said:

Im trying to gather public interest in a sleeving service that could presleeve fans in addition to core cables.

No, since there to many options of colors to pick from. Plus Sleeving is not that complex to start with, I tend to re-sleeve cables that are pre-sleeved already.

Real quick examples of my sleeving.

nPonfo7l.jpg

x5L6nzpl.jpg

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon