XZ1 or XZ2 Compact?

Go to solution Solved by Shepanator,

I have the XZ1 (non-compact) and its a great phone, a bit under-rated imo.

I've had it since launch last summer and it only started to become noticeably sluggish about a month ago, I reformatted it and it's back to being fast. For surfing the internet & watching stuff it's great, particularly sony's implementation of multitasking. You just have to hold down the "recent apps" button for a second and the screen splits into two, you can choose any app to go in the second portion of the screen and adjust the divide to give as much screen as you want to each respective app.

Really cool for watching a video & browsing the net at the same time, or even having two instances of a web browser open so you can see two web pages at once. Yeah maybe it's not as feature packed as other phones' implementations but it works 100% of the time and is super easy to use without any fiddling.

Other stuff I really like about it is the location of the fingerprint sensor, having it on the side is just the best location for me, I don't understand why more phones don't do this. This is the reason why I prefer the XZ1 over the XZ2, the latter has the sensor on the back and has an objectively worse looking design IMO. Plus I think the XZ2 has no headphone jack, or maybe that's their next model? idk.

I would never buy a phone without a headphone jack so I won't buy another sony phone unless they go back on their decision.

Price difference is 120$, is it worth it? What I want from a phone is does not does'nt slow after a couple of months only because I will be keeping the phone for a lets say 3 years or more. Is someone here has a experience with Sony phones especially this two? What I mostly do is watch series and surfing the net.

I've had it since launch last summer and it only started to become noticeably sluggish about a month ago, I reformatted it and it's back to being fast. For surfing the internet & watching stuff it's great, particularly sony's implementation of multitasking. You just have to hold down the "recent apps" button for a second and the screen splits into two, you can choose any app to go in the second portion of the screen and adjust the divide to give as much screen as you want to each respective app.

Really cool for watching a video & browsing the net at the same time, or even having two instances of a web browser open so you can see two web pages at once. Yeah maybe it's not as feature packed as other phones' implementations but it works 100% of the time and is super easy to use without any fiddling.

Other stuff I really like about it is the location of the fingerprint sensor, having it on the side is just the best location for me, I don't understand why more phones don't do this. This is the reason why I prefer the XZ1 over the XZ2, the latter has the sensor on the back and has an objectively worse looking design IMO. Plus I think the XZ2 has no headphone jack, or maybe that's their next model? idk.

I would never buy a phone without a headphone jack so I won't buy another sony phone unless they go back on their decision.

1 hour ago, Shepanator said:

I'll try XZ1 then. Looks like the 120$ does not worth it for XZ2 Compact and yes it doesn't have 3.5 headphone jack. It is just sad that Sony follow that trend. I also like the placement of fingerprint sensor on the side.