Help, I need a new headphone

CoutoSH

I have a budget of U$200, and I want an new and better headphone. Right now I’m using the m50x

best buy has many great headphones. I personally like turtle beach for wireless but for wired they sell a metal re-enforced from one that was like $89USD. can't remember name of it for life of me but think it was HyperX

PSU Tier Ranking List

Ryzen 5 1600x|ASROCK                      |16GB DDR4 3400Mhz Corsair Vengence   | (partial build in progress)

FX-8350 AM3+| ASUS M5A990FX V1 | 32GB DDR3 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance | Samsung EVO 850 PRO | Win 7 64 Pro | EVGA 750W G PSU | EVGA 750 ti 6GB | Corsair H100i v1

FX-8120 AM3+| ASUS M5A990FX V2 | 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance | Samsung EVO 850 PRO | Win 7 64 Pro | EVGA 750W G PSU | EVGA 750 ti 6GB | Corsair H80i v1 

I5-2500K LGA  | ACER MOBO??         | 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance | Samsung EVO 860 PRO | Win 10 64 Pro | EVGA 750W G PSU | EVGA 970 SC 4GB | Corsair H80i v1

i really like my custom one pro's but just try some at a local audio store, this is your best option. it all comes down to personal preference

11 minutes ago, karsnoordhuis said:

i really like my custom one pro's but just try some at a local audio store, this is your best option. it all comes down to personal preference

31 minutes ago, STRESSMASTER said:

best buy has many great headphones. I personally like turtle beach for wireless but for wired they sell a metal re-enforced from one that was like $89USD. can't remember name of it for life of me but think it was HyperX

41 minutes ago, CoutoSH said:

I have a budget of U$200, and I want an new and better headphone. Right now I’m using the m50x

I have Astros a40 and based on what everyone says they are amazing and have lasted since release so i would recommend them https://www.amazon.com/ASTRO-Gaming-Headset-MixAmp-PlayStation-4/dp/B014F77FGA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1526737189&sr=1-1&keywords=astro+a40&dpID=51xwyupHwzL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

(Ps Its a little over ur budget but worth it

The M40x is already a good headphone. Don’t let the audio snobs on this forum convince you that they’re hot trash. 

If you want somerhing better, go to Massdrop.com and look for the Sennheiser HD6xx, HiFiman HD4xx or AKG 6xx. That’s probably the best you can do for $200.

2 hours ago, kokakolia said:

The M40x is already a good headphone. Don’t let the audio snobs on this forum convince you that they’re hot trash. 

If you want somerhing better, go to Massdrop.com and look for the Sennheiser HD6xx, HiFiman HD4xx or AKG 6xx. That’s probably the best you can do for $200.

Do u know any Sennheiser close back?

i found the hd 598 what do u think about it?

1 hour ago, CoutoSH said:

It’s really good. It’s just that it’s not a huge upgrade from an M50x. But that’s my 2 cents. Another person might just say “go for it”. Also, you might find the HD 598 lacking bass after owning the M50x. 

I could recommend the Audio Technica MSR7. It’s more similar in sound to the M50x (big bass, louder highs). It’s just a slight upgrade from what you have. 

First off, what do you listen to? Like, what genres of music do you listen to?

2 hours ago, InvertedEar said:

First off, what do you listen to? Like, what genres of music do you listen to?

I intend to use it for everything, music, games and movies.

i was lf an close back cuz of games...

19 minutes ago, CoutoSH said:

I intend to use it for everything, music, games and movies.

i was lf an close back cuz of games...

There's a fair lot I can recommend for your budget, but I'd prefer to recommend you something that suits your preferred genres of music.

53 minutes ago, InvertedEar said:

There's a fair lot I can recommend for your budget, but I'd prefer to recommend you something that suits your preferred genres of music.

That’s a problem. I listen to every kind of music and I don’t have an preferred genre

O dicided to get an open back, as I already own  an m50x (close back ). I always thought about getting an Sennheiser, what do you guys think?

45 minutes ago, CoutoSH said:

O dicided to get an open back, as I already own  an m50x (close back ). I always thought about getting an Sennheiser, what do you guys think?

If that's the case, a neutral headphone is what I'd heavily recommend.

Try AKG K612 Pro or Sennheiser 558's (open or closed back).

16 hours ago, CoutoSH said:

The Sennheiser 558 (or 559) is just so easy to like. It just sounds pleasing, with sufficient bass, clear vocals and smooth highs. It works rather well with all types of music. It’s super comfy too. The removable cable is definitely a huge plus (the AKG K612 has a fixed cable, so couldn’t stomach the idea of buying it). I would definitely get that one. 

On 5/19/2018 at 7:22 PM, CoutoSH said:

If you're look for closed back go for the beyerdynamic dt770. If you don't need closed back go for the dt990 pro, absolutely astounding headphone. The seinheiser 6XX is also currently on massdrop.com and another astounding headset.

- snip-

On 2018-05-19 at 9:27 PM, CoutoSH said:

I have a big skull. Sennheiser fit the bill.

On 5/21/2018 at 3:30 PM, Max_Settings said:

you should really put links to all your reviews in your sig. Or a pastebin link for all of them.

- snip-