MSI Gaming plus x470 with 2700x

Sata1 80gb SSD - boot drive

Sata2 empty

Sata3 3TB HDD

Sata4 3TB HDD

Sata5 3TB HDD

Sata6 3TB HDD

M2_1 250gb Samsung 960

HDDs are setup in Windows 10 Spaces to be redundantly mirrored.

Situation:

Downloaded StoreMI from AMD and installed it. Rebooted when requested.

After the system loaded, I noticed that the Spaces drive did not restore on the network. I then saw that this system now only saw the boot drive and the Spaces array wasn't visible. I opened Disk Management and none of the drives used for Spaces were visible. The Storage Spaces control panel doesn't detect the previous space either.  I then rebooted into bios and all HDDs are detected and listed as they should be there.

I changed no settings in StoreMI beyond installing it. Uninstalling it did not restore the array.

I'm not really sure what to do next.

Probably how the store mi drive works.

You can use ssd tiering in storage spaces if you want, so id use that instead.

Restore backups is the easy way to get the array working again.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not clear on what you mean by Restore backups.

As far as I can tell, Windows doesn't know these drives exist at all anymore. Not showing up in Disk Part or Disk Management anymore. 

4 minutes ago, Vinculus said:

I'm not clear on what you mean by Restore backups.

you make backups of your data so that if something happens, you don't lose any data. Just restore thsoe files.

4 minutes ago, Vinculus said:

As far as I can tell, Windows doesn't know these drives exist at all anymore. Not showing up in Disk Part or Disk Management anymore. 

Do they show up in the storemi setting thing? My guess is that storemi took control of the disk system and is hiding the disks from the normal windows disk system.

Do they show up in the storemi setting thing? My guess is that storemi took control of the disk system and is hiding the disks from the normal windows disk system.

One showed up there, but it reported the size of a single disk, not the array size. I did not change anything or enable tiered settings, and uninstalled StoreMI, which is where I'm at now.

1 minute ago, Vinculus said:

One showed up there, but it reported the size of a single disk, not the array size. I did not change anything or enable tiered settings, and uninstalled StoreMI, which is where I'm at now.

You can't really uninstall storemi due to how its driver works. 

You need to do restore of backups or a new install to get back to your old config.

Having twin mirrored spaces is currently the only backup I have of these files. Are you saying that simply installing StoreMI caused changes that made these drives unrecoverable?

3 minutes ago, Vinculus said:

Having twin mirrored spaces is currently the only backup I have of these files. Are you saying that simply installing StoreMI caused changes that made these drives unrecoverable?

a mirror or raid isn't a backup.

Remove the drives, put them in anouther system or do a reinstall and they should mount and show up fine.