Possible new PC/upgrade current PC: Need guidance

Current build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Yose/saved/ymZNnQ

Hello! First I'd like to thank you for taking your time for reading!

With the acquisition of a new job, I've decided that I want to upgrade my current PC, or build a like-new one with the budget I'll have which will be roughly $900~. I'm a pretty hardcore gamer so I'm not going to bore you with a list of all the games I play. After realizing how big my current computer is, it's come to my attention that I simply don't need all of the extra space that I currently have in my case. I also have a micro-atx motherboard already, so I've been looking at a micro-atx form factor to save space and make travelling easier. However, after some light research, it seems that micro-atx cases are targeted more towards water-cooled builds. I'm not comfortable with having water in my computer (yet) so I'm wondering if air cooling will be fine, despite the decrease in amount of airflow with a smaller form factor. Also not sure if I need to upgrade my CPU or GPU first, or both. I currently use one monitor that uses a display port, and I also have another monitor that uses the older hdmi port on my current graphics card. 

Possible parts:

I'd like to reuse my current PSU, motherboard, RAM, and storage and just put it in the InWin 301.

Any and all help is really appreciated! Thank you!

5 minutes ago, Yose17 said:

Current build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Yose/saved/ymZNnQ

Hello! First I'd like to thank you for taking your time for reading!

With the acquisition of a new job, I've decided that I want to upgrade my current PC, or build a like-new one with the budget I'll have which will be roughly $900~. I'm a pretty hardcore gamer so I'm not going to bore you with a list of all the games I play. After realizing how big my current computer is, it's come to my attention that I simply don't need all of the extra space that I currently have in my case. I also have a micro-atx motherboard already, so I've been looking at a micro-atx form factor to save space and make travelling easier. However, after some light research, it seems that micro-atx cases are targeted more towards water-cooled builds. I'm not comfortable with having water in my computer (yet) so I'm wondering if air cooling will be fine, despite the decrease in amount of airflow with a smaller form factor. Also not sure if I need to upgrade my CPU or GPU first, or both. I currently use one monitor that uses a display port, and I also have another monitor that uses the older hdmi port on my current graphics card. 

Possible parts:

I'd like to reuse my current PSU, motherboard, RAM, and storage and just put it in the InWin 301.

Any and all help is really appreciated! Thank you!

I would say if you look at gaming it will be fine. i would choose 1 intake, 1 exaust if possible

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

I would say if you look at gaming it will be fine. i would choose 1 intake, 1 exaust if possible

Just one of each? Will that be enough airflow?

9 hours ago, Yose17 said:

I think so, but i'm mostly using bigger cases with that setup

9 hours ago, Yose17 said:

you dont need a ton of airflow, as long as the air is moving at all you are fine.

the video where Luke tested if cable management has any effect on the cooling showed clearly that as long as any air is moving in and out you wont have overheating issues.

You don’t really need an i7 if you are just gaming on your PC, so if you want to downgrade it to an i5 8th gen CPU that’s fine. You can use that money towards a better GPU, such as a 1070ti. If you want to keep the i7 in your build, I would upgrade the 1060 in the future first.