Installing a secondary HDD Help

DrDerp

Hello! I am nearly finished with my PC, and I need some help with installing a secondary Hard Drive to compliment my SSD. I plugged in the Data SATA and the Power SATA, but the HDD wasn't recognized by windows. Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks a ton!

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

4 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Is it showing up in Disk Management?

I'm not quite sure where that is, but I checked the BIOS and it was not recognized. For some reason it recognized a secondary SSD (or something similar in size) but not the HDD, as it was the same size as the SSD.

Edit: I am not at my PC at the moment, so I can't make any immediate changes.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

3 minutes ago, DrDerp said:

I'm not quite sure where that is, but I checked the BIOS and it was not recognized. For some reason it recognized a secondary SSD (or something similar in size) but not the HDD, as it was the same size as the SSD.

Edit: I am not at my PC at the moment, so I can't make any immediate changes.

You'd need to run Disk Management in Windows to see it. Searching "Create and format hard disk partitions" or "Disk Management" int he start menu search bar will make it come up, or you can right click the start button and select Disk Management from the list there. 

Generally, when you plug in a new drive, it needs to be initialised and partitioned/formatted before it can be used and seen in Windows explorer. 

If it's not showing up in Disk Management or the BIOS, then the system isn't recognising it for whatever reason. You could try changing the SATA port and cable. 

7 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

You'd need to run Disk Management in Windows to see it. Searching "Create and format hard disk partitions" or "Disk Management" int he start menu search bar will make it come up, or you can right click the start button and select Disk Management from the list there. 

Generally, when you plug in a new drive, it needs to be initialised and partitioned/formatted before it can be used and seen in Windows explorer. 

If it's not showing up in Disk Management or the BIOS, then the system isn't recognising it for whatever reason. You could try changing the SATA port and cable. 

Thanks. I'll try it when I get on it.