Make use of spare RAM modules for ZFS storage?

Hi folks - this is my first post here.  Been loving LTT youtube content and this seemed like a good place to post this question.

I have a home server with the following spec:

CPU: AMD FX8350

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

Memory:  32GB DDR3 (max capacity for the motherboard)

Storage:  ZFS on Linux array (6 x 2TB HDDs in a 3 mirror stripe), with separate Samsung SSD for L2ARC.  I have a second Samsung SSD for the main OS boot drive.

At the moment I have a small partition on the main OS drive for a ZFS "SLOG" (separate intent log).  This is not really ideal.  A short while ago I upgraded the RAM in the system from 16GB to a new set of 32GB modules.  So I still have the old 16GB DDR3 sitting in a cupboard (4 sticks).  I'm wondering if I can make use of these somehow for a very fast "SLOG" ...  I came across this device on the net DDRdrive X1 which appears to be a DDR to PCIe adaptor, with it's own power supply.  I can't seem to find any of these for sale online - perhaps they have been discontinued.

Does anybody here know of a current device which could allow me to use my spare DDR3 in a PCIe slot?

Thanks - Justin

You are probably better off selling that RAM and buying/upgrading an SSD.

With RAM prices being stupidly expensive i don't think someone is going to think it's a good idea to create a similar thing today...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

might aswell just sell and get an SSD for the money, or a couple of SSDs to have them in raid for increased speed. Ram storage is a thing, but it is volatile and needs to be reloaded every time it boots. there might be PCIe solutions that circumvent it though i doubt it