Future use PC

Go to solution Solved by Ordinarily_Greater,
1 minute ago, Angel2300 said:

So you say that it's worth to buy gtx 1070 after 6-8 months if it's price drops? than getting i3 configuration.

yeah it is worth then if you aren't planning to game while you haven't got a Graphics Card or the 1070

are you fine with that long of a time to buy a 1070? I expect that you are not playing games in that long of a time

I want the best price/value components so I can play probably the newest games after 4-5 years, even at low graphics.I want a pc like my old one which I am using for 11 years.

i3-8100
Asrock b360m pro4
2x4GB 2400MHz DDR4 CL14
1TB WD Blue 7200RPM 64MB
EVGA 430W 80 PLUS
Palit gtx 1050 ti 4GB

i5-8400
ASROCK h370 pro4
2x8GB 2666MHz DDR4 CL16
1TB WD Blue 7200RPM 64MB
Corsair CX550M
after around 6-8 months I plan to buy gtx 1070

I am not sure if gtx 1070 will be a good card after 6-8 months, but I cant afford it now.
Which configuration will be a better for future use?

Thank you for your time!

Are you planning on not using a graphics card with the i5? Anyways, this system is in no way future proof. Maximum of 2-3 years of life before it is overtaken by cheaper and faster hardware.

hi.

you should get ryzen 7 if you really want to future proof

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

get the i3 config, the i5 config wouldn't give you great performance until you have that GTX 1070

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

9 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

get the i3 config, the i5 config wouldn't give you great performance until you have that GTX 1070

he could do a 2400G setup with a X470 board. then add the GTX 1070 later on and do a CPU upgrade two to three years for now. The X470 boards are supposedly rather resilient in their powerdeliviery. the 2400G will give decent performance now and offer an ok cpu for when he gets the 1070. 

34 minutes ago, Angel2300 said:

I want the best price/value components

... together with ...

34 minutes ago, Angel2300 said:

newest games after 4-5 years

is not really podsible with your current system configuration.

Although I do not have a lot of experience with AMD, both AMD and Intel CPUs should normally be compatible with x86 architecture and functionally compatible with all software written for it.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LXpntg
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LXpntg/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($159.90 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($160.68 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($164.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital - RE4 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.10 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $673.65
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-05-15 07:30 EDT-0400

quick list i put together. i dont have the time to optimize it however. This should keep you going untill you get the GPU

14 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

he could do a 2400G setup with a X470 board. then add the GTX 1070 later on and do a CPU upgrade two to three years for now. The X470 boards are supposedly rather resilient in their powerdeliviery. the 2400G will give decent performance now and offer an ok cpu for when he gets the 1070. 

yea the X470 would have better compatibility because the BIOS is up to date with the Raven Ridge chips, and he gets the bonus of long time support of AM4

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

1 minute ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

yea the X470 would have better compatibility because the BIOS is up to date with the Raven Ridge chips, and he gets the bonus of long time support of AM4

Im not shure if the board i selected will have the best bios support out of the Asrock boards. Someoneelse probably has more info om that. X470 boards are much better than any of the 300 series boards.(due to uncertainty at launch). Dont go with a B series boards since you are thinking of a long lasting build using the same core components(mobo, ram)

8 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Im not shure if the board i selected will have the best bios support out of the Asrock boards. Someoneelse probably has more info om that. X470 boards are much better than any of the 300 series boards.(due to uncertainty at launch). Dont go with a B series boards since you are thinking of a long lasting build using the same core components(mobo, ram)

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6hF48d/asus-prime-x470-pro-atx-am4-motherboard-prime-x470-pro

just pick that one as an alternative

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

2 hours ago, AskTJ said:

Are you planning on not using a graphics card with the i5? Anyways, this system is in no way future proof. Maximum of 2-3 years of life before it is overtaken by cheaper and faster hardware.

I am planing to get gtx 1070 after time. Until then I plan it to use i5 8400 integrated. I also have radeon hd 6670 from my old pc but  I am not sure it would be better.

2 hours ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

So it's not worth to wait 6-8 months to buy a gtx 1070?

Just now, Angel2300 said:

So it's not worth to wait 6-8 months to buy a gtx 1070?

unless they drop in price! I mean the Volta GPUs will be coming out in those 6-8 months, so 1070 might drop because the demand is shifted to Volta because they are better. Performance, well 1070 is good on 1440p 60fps and high refresh rate 1080p and i am sure that performance is what makes the card appealing (well before mining...)

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

15 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

unless they drop in price! I mean the Volta GPUs will be coming out in those 6-8 months, so 1070 might drop because the demand is shifted to Volta because they are better. Performance, well 1070 is good on 1440p 60fps and high refresh rate 1080p and i am sure that performance is what makes the card appealing (well before mining...)

So you say that it's worth to buy gtx 1070 after 6-8 months if it's price drops? than getting i3 configuration.

1 minute ago, Angel2300 said:

yeah it is worth then if you aren't planning to game while you haven't got a Graphics Card or the 1070

are you fine with that long of a time to buy a 1070? I expect that you are not playing games in that long of a time

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

4 hours ago, AskTJ said:

You said that i3 config has 2-3 years? if it is for i3, how long do you thing that the i5 and gtx 1070 will last?

52 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

yeah.. I don't get it only for gaming.. I will also use android studio.. so I thing it won't be a problem to spend some more time on programming these 6 months..

On 16/05/2018 at 1:01 AM, Angel2300 said:

You said that i3 config has 2-3 years? if it is for i3, how long do you thing that the i5 and gtx 1070 will last?

The i5 will only last 2 - 3 years. The i3 is a horrible choice in todays games.

hi.

17 hours ago, PokiDaSpitz said:

you should get ryzen 7 if you really want to future proof

Nonsense. The top-end Ryzen chipset didn't even make it a year before it was replaced by something better.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.