Programs takes forever to load with new MB and Ssd

Sabag123

Hi, I just upgraded to Asus Maximus X hero I7 8700K Corsair vengeance 16gb Samsung 860 evo 500gb I did a clean install of windows 10 and notices that programs take forever to load like task manager or cmd, I did a scan with malwarebytes and no threats found. What could be the reason?

Do you have AHCI enabled in your BIOS settings? What controller is your SSD hooked up to, check in your BIOS.

Edit: Your SSD still has lots of free space right?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Yes I have above 50% free space and AHCI is enabled,

Windows boots pretty fast , but after 1 hour or so Programs takes couple seconds to load

8 hours ago, Sabag123 said:

Yes I have above 50% free space and AHCI is enabled,

Windows boots pretty fast , but after 1 hour or so Programs takes couple seconds to load

Have you checked task manager when it's slow to see if someone is eating up the SSD in terms of usage? Is your ram being maxed out in any way? This problem only appeared after you did a clean install of Windows right? Are you running a legitimate copy of windows, and completely up to date?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

The problem occurs about 2 hours after the pc has been on

And yes legit windows copy