Travel-Camera for citytrip

Go to solution Solved by CupOfRain,
14 hours ago, Jonas_2909 said:

What I forgot to mention: I my opinion, the DC-FZ82 is fairly small and wasn't really difficult for me to carry around, weighing about 600 grams (according to " https://www.cameralabs.com/panasonic-lumix-fz80-fz82-review/ "(Yes, I had to look it up as I don't have a scale I can put it on, xD )). 

NIce pictures! and Thanks for the Input I will take a look at it!

My go to camera right now is an old Nikon D5000 and I really like it. It is maybe a bit outdated but works fine for my needs.

But a few days before i opened this thread I got my hands on a Lumix DC-T(something i think) from a friend and i was really impressed by the size/features it had. So I though maybe i get a compact one for far city trips with packed timetables.

Or I just Opt-out for my OP3T if I cant get my budget up.

Hello!

First of thanks for helping me decide which phone to get a few months ago ;) ( It became the OP 3T)

I'm going for a small city trip and i want to take some nice photographs. The problem is i dont want to take my heavy reflex camrea with me.

So im opting for a compact camera in a decent price range. I was recommanded the Sony DSC-HX60VB CyberShot, but somehow i'm not sure.

Is this a good option in the pricerange of around 200-300€?

Thanks for the help!

See if you can find a used Panasonic LX100. Have one at home and it is pretty amazing for its size and price on the used market. Produces some great images. Sure not as good as my main body an a6000 but still, not that far of tbh. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

I have a Panasonic GX-850 (I think the model number might be different in Europe). Comes with the equivalent of a 24-70mm lens that's collapsible and pretty compact. It's fairly reasonably priced, too, much less expensive than the latest iteration of the Sony RX100, plus you get a bigger sensor. I'd check it out. I quite like it. 

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

17 hours ago, xQubeZx said:

See if you can find a used Panasonic LX100. Have one at home and it is pretty amazing for its size and price on the used market. Produces some great images. Sure not as good as my main body an a6000 but still, not that far of tbh. 

Thanks will take a look at it, but sadly on the first glance there wasn't any offer in my price range!

10 hours ago, YellowJersey said:

I have a Panasonic GX-850 (I think the model number might be different in Europe). Comes with the equivalent of a 24-70mm lens that's collapsible and pretty compact. It's fairly reasonably priced, too, much less expensive than the latest iteration of the Sony RX100, plus you get a bigger sensor. I'd check it out. I quite like it. 

Yeah the bigger sensor is a plus but the prices for the GX-850 are sadly over my budget i can spent :(
maybe i find a used one!

But do you think the Sony HX60VB  would be a bad purchase for that price?

7 hours ago, CupOfRain said:

Yeah the bigger sensor is a plus but the prices for the GX-850 are sadly over my budget i can spent :(
maybe i find a used one!

But do you think the Sony HX60VB  would be a bad purchase for that price?

I’d personally rather get a Sony RX100 even if it is the mark i. Just the ability to shoot raw files make a large difference if you are willing to do some editing. The larger sensor and faster aparture is also very nice, even though you sacrifce a lot of zoom. The mark i should be in your budget. Maybe even a used mark ii or iii 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

Just use your phone, its not worth the hustle and money at that point. 

If you were considering something like an x100f then maybe, but, I would just use my phone if a dslr is a nuisance to carry. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

23 hours ago, cc143 said:

If you were considering something like an x100f then maybe, but, I would just use my phone if a dslr is a nuisance to carry. 

I agree, especially if OP's budget is that small.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

• 2 weeks later...
On 15.5.2018 at 11:57 PM, xQubeZx said:

I’d personally rather get a Sony RX100 even if it is the mark i. Just the ability to shoot raw files make a large difference if you are willing to do some editing. The larger sensor and faster aparture is also very nice, even though you sacrifce a lot of zoom. The mark i should be in your budget. Maybe even a used mark ii or iii 

Ok, i will take a look at it.

On 16.5.2018 at 12:45 AM, cc143 said:

Yeah thought also so the budget is rather low for that!

On 17.5.2018 at 12:09 AM, YellowJersey said:

I agree, especially if OP's budget is that small.

Yeah looks like it will be the phone-compact-camera ;)

Anyways thanks for the feedback!

Maybe I can scrap some extra bucks in and target an rx100 MK3 or canon G7X MK2.

Considering the amount of money it costs, I've been really happy with my Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82. It's got a fixed lens with an equivalent focal length of 20-1200m, which is not only fun to play around with, but also comes in handy when wanting to get really close to things like sights and/or details. And it also offers to shoot 4K video at 25 or 30 FPS.
But: Due to the fixed lens, there is no focus ring, so you'll mostly have to rely on the auto focus, although you have the option to use an on-screen slider, which - in my opinion - doesn't feel too good and doesn't work that well, but it's there. Also, low-light capabilities are limited to say the least and it neither has a 3.5mm microphone, nor headphone jack. 

You get a 18 megapixel sensor and the ability to take raw photos.

As I said, though: Overall, I'm really happy with my DC-FZ82. But if you can get something that appeals more to you for a similar price, it might be worth opting for that, as with this camera, image quality depends on lighting quite heavily. Frankly, I'm not quite sure if I'd buy this camera (for the full new price) again, which is not because it's a bad camera, but rather due to the lack of manual settings, which is why I bought a used Canon EOS 1200D a few months ago.

The battery life, by the way, seems to be quite decent(Can't really tell you anything about the amount of photos you can take on a single charge, though :/ ), as far as I experienced and they aren't even expensive.

Below, I put a few sample images, in case you want to check them out(I didn't edit any of them)... :P

P1120505.thumb.JPG.b554bbe871ccf84716c2db3e89d5ea9e.JPG F/5.9, 1/160s, ISO 200, 1200mm (handheld)

P1120499.thumb.JPG.408e9c822578412c9d9d25107aa398e3.JPGF/5.5, 1/125s, ISO 80, 291mm (handheld)

P1090024.thumb.JPG.4044997bc6d68a33098a82edd3b98d76.JPG

F/6.3, 2.5s, ISO 80, 48mm (handheld(I think xD ))

I hope I could help you... :P

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

What I forgot to mention: I my opinion, the DC-FZ82 is fairly small and wasn't really difficult for me to carry around, weighing about 600 grams (according to " https://www.cameralabs.com/panasonic-lumix-fz80-fz82-review/ "(Yes, I had to look it up as I don't have a scale I can put it on, xD )). 

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

14 hours ago, Jonas_2909 said:

NIce pictures! and Thanks for the Input I will take a look at it!

My go to camera right now is an old Nikon D5000 and I really like it. It is maybe a bit outdated but works fine for my needs.

But a few days before i opened this thread I got my hands on a Lumix DC-T(something i think) from a friend and i was really impressed by the size/features it had. So I though maybe i get a compact one for far city trips with packed timetables.

Or I just Opt-out for my OP3T if I cant get my budget up.