Problems of streaming PUBG

Go to solution Solved by Lemtea,
29 minutes ago, MaxBeast4Z said:

Here are my results it's in a stream clip.

https://clips.twitch.tv/JazzyAverageHabaneroGOWSkull

Everything looks fine I just don't understand why it does that it's really annoying on stream you don't see it but what I'm looking at on my monitor it's terrible.

Ok so it seems that your frametimes do in fact spike around the time you said it feels bad. As to what is causing this I am not to sure. Might be worth using DDU to uninstall your drivers than reinstall the latest ones from nvidia, validate your game files for pubg using steam and navigate to 

C:\Users<Your_user>\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

{/Script/TsiGame.TsiGameUserSettings}

bUseVSync=True (to turn on vsync)

FrameRateLimit=60.000000 (to set fps limit)

and set the frame limit to say 60fps and see what happens. you can also try turning on vsync to see if that helps although it will increase input lag. Not sure of any of these will help but try each one, one at a time and see what happens.

Nice streaming setup BTW, might tune in sometime.

Also the app data folder is hidden so use the run command or turn on hidden folders to find the GameUserSettings.ini

I'm having problems with my stream and for one specific game players unknown Battleground the playing experience on my end is terrible but when people look at the Stream it's smooth there's no lag there's no frame drops it's just very good but when I play it on my monitor that I see it's terrible it's not a frame rate issue because the game keeps an average of a 120 FPS so I don't see the fps to be an issue I just don't know what it is is it the game being poorly optimized because I'm setting my settings on the graphics side of the game in the acceptable range of medium to high I don't put the game at Ultra at all here are all my OBS settings and you judge me on if any of these settings are in the wrong place keep in mind that I run off quick sync for the encoder and I know that's not a problem because I even tried it on all the other encoders and it's still the same problem.

I run the game at 120 hertz refresh rate.

I bought the most powerful 1070 and that is the Zotac AMP! Extreme

PC specs:

Intel Core i7 4770K OC at 4.1GHz

4x8GB 32GB Kingston hyperx 1866MHz

Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Extreme

MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC

OBS settings:

LZ6pRlQ.png

9Yh4V6D.png

7SBtOTd.png

3sayZHZ.jpg

Could be a network issue?

What are the down and up speeds of your internet?

Quote or tag me @Lemtea so I can see your reply. 

PSU Tier List

DAYBREAK: R5 5600X | SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 6700XT | 32GB RAM | 1TB 970 EVO PLUSCRUCIAL MX200 1TB SSD | 4TB HDD | CORSAIR TX650M | PURE BASE 500DX | Win 10
FIRESTARTER: I5 760 @ 4.0GHZ | XFX R9 280X DD | 8GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX500 250GB SSD | OCZ ZX 1000W | CM 690 IIIWin 10
KEYBOARD & MOUSE | CORSAIR STRAFE RGB (MX RED) | GLORIOUS MODEL D | STEELSERIES QCK XXL
LAPTOP: DELL XPS 15 9570 i7 8750H | GTX 1050TI MAX Q | 16GB RAM | 500GB PCIE SSD | 4K TOUCHSCREEN Win 10 PRO

3 minutes ago, Lemtea said:

Could be a network issue?

What are the down and up speeds of your internet?

For the viewer who is looking at my stream there's no problem there everything is excellent it's what I see on my screen that I play on is disgusting it's kind of unplayable and frustrating.

3sayZHZ.jpg

Ok those speeds look pretty good. Have you checked the frame times whilst streaming using Rivatuner/afterburner or something similar.

PSU Tier List

DAYBREAK: R5 5600X | SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 6700XT | 32GB RAM | 1TB 970 EVO PLUSCRUCIAL MX200 1TB SSD | 4TB HDD | CORSAIR TX650M | PURE BASE 500DX | Win 10
FIRESTARTER: I5 760 @ 4.0GHZ | XFX R9 280X DD | 8GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX500 250GB SSD | OCZ ZX 1000W | CM 690 IIIWin 10
KEYBOARD & MOUSE | CORSAIR STRAFE RGB (MX RED) | GLORIOUS MODEL D | STEELSERIES QCK XXL
LAPTOP: DELL XPS 15 9570 i7 8750H | GTX 1050TI MAX Q | 16GB RAM | 500GB PCIE SSD | 4K TOUCHSCREEN Win 10 PRO

8 minutes ago, Lemtea said:

Ok those speeds look pretty good. Have you checked the frame times whilst streaming using Rivatuner/afterburner or something similar.

OBS does not have any dropped frames it's always 60 and players unknown Battleground is always 120 fps it goes down but it's still very acceptable it doesn't go down more than 75fps.

13 minutes ago, MaxBeast4Z said:

OBS does not have any dropped frames it's always 60 and players unknown Battleground is always 120 fps it goes down but it's still very acceptable it doesn't go down more than 75fps.

What I am asking is have you used the msi afterburner OSD to check you frametimes in PUBG while streaming (frametime is typically measure in ms). There is a good explanation of frametime here: 

PSU Tier List

22 minutes ago, Lemtea said:

What I am asking is have you used the msi afterburner OSD to check you frametimes in PUBG while streaming (frametime is typically measure in ms). There is a good explanation of frametime here: 

2018-05-11 22:45:52 - TslGame
Frames: 12508 - Time: 110969ms - Avg: 112.716 - Min: 77 - Max: 143

8 minutes ago, MaxBeast4Z said:

2018-05-11 22:45:52 - TslGame
Frames: 12508 - Time: 110969ms - Avg: 112.716 - Min: 77 - Max: 143

During this period did you notice any major fluctuations in the frame times. The data you have provided me does not enable me to determine if frame time is the issue as I can only calculate average frametimes. When you enable the OSD with frametimes you should see a number in ms e.g. 10ms when you are streaming is there much fluctuation in this value.

PSU Tier List

21 minutes ago, Lemtea said:

During this period did you notice any major fluctuations in the frame times. The data you have provided me does not enable me to determine if frame time is the issue as I can only calculate average frametimes. When you enable the OSD with frametimes you should see a number in ms e.g. 10ms when you are streaming is there much fluctuation in this value.

All right this is all a new learning curve for me of benchmarking so I need to know what's the exact program I need for this all the information I provided you with was with fraps.

55 minutes ago, MaxBeast4Z said:

All right this is all a new learning curve for me of benchmarking so I need to know what's the exact program I need for this all the information I provided you with was with fraps.

No worries, we all start somewhere. First you need to download msi afterburner located here, then extract the zip and install afterburner as per this clip I made, making sure to restart your pc after finishing the installation.  After completing the installation of afterburner click on the settings cog click on the onscreen display tab and bind a key to toggle to onscreen display. Next go to the monitoring tab click on frametime then check the show on onscreen display box and hit ok. Do this for any other things you want to show up on the OSD e.g. cpu/gpu usage. Next open PUBG and hit the key you bound to the on screen display while afterburner is still open in the background and voila, you now have a OSD displaying live system info. Now watch the frametime measurement on the OSD and see if there are any major dips of spikes and let me know what you find.

Edit: my bad left out the last minute of the clip: 

PSU Tier List

56 minutes ago, Lemtea said:

No worries, we all start somewhere. First you need to download msi afterburner located here, then extract the zip and install afterburner as per this clip I made, making sure to restart your pc after finishing the installation.  After completing the installation of afterburner click on the settings cog click on the onscreen display tab and bind a key to toggle to onscreen display. Next go to the monitoring tab click on frametime then check the show on onscreen display box and hit ok. Do this for any other things you want to show up on the OSD e.g. cpu/gpu usage. Next open PUBG and hit the key you bound to the on screen display while afterburner is still open in the background and voila, you now have a OSD displaying live system info. Now watch the frametime measurement on the OSD and see if there are any major dips of spikes and let me know what you find.

Everything looks fine I just don't understand why it does that it's really annoying on stream you don't see it but what I'm looking at on my monitor it's terrible.

29 minutes ago, MaxBeast4Z said:

Ok so it seems that your frametimes do in fact spike around the time you said it feels bad. As to what is causing this I am not to sure. Might be worth using DDU to uninstall your drivers than reinstall the latest ones from nvidia, validate your game files for pubg using steam and navigate to 

C:\Users<Your_user>\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

{/Script/TsiGame.TsiGameUserSettings}

bUseVSync=True (to turn on vsync)

FrameRateLimit=60.000000 (to set fps limit)

and set the frame limit to say 60fps and see what happens. you can also try turning on vsync to see if that helps although it will increase input lag. Not sure of any of these will help but try each one, one at a time and see what happens.

Nice streaming setup BTW, might tune in sometime.

Also the app data folder is hidden so use the run command or turn on hidden folders to find the GameUserSettings.ini

PSU Tier List