Liquid Cooling on CM 212 EVO

I own a Cooler Master 212 EVO and am looking into using liquid metal for that sweet thermal conductivity. I'm doing research into this and it seems that liquid metal can do a lot of damage to your cooler. I would like to get some thermal grizzly conductonaut. Would this be safe for my cooler or will i see damage within a few weeks? Also is there any safer LM alternatives that still provide high performance with no chance to degrade either my cooler or CPU?  

Liquid metal can eat at part of the base which is aluminum and it wouldn't provide much better performance over any other normal thermal paste. If you want better cooling, put the money towards a better cooler instead. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

Liquid metal can eat at part of the base which is aluminum and it wouldn't provide much better performance over any other normal thermal paste. If you want better cooling, put the money towards a better cooler instead. 

Any upgrade on my cooler would be a bit expensive at this point. I was hoping to get a bit more preformance out of my existing cooler for cheap then I do plan on using the LM for my liquid cooling solution I plan on building soon with the NudeCNC block I funded 

15 minutes ago, andpeterson said:

Any upgrade on my cooler would be a bit expensive at this point. I was hoping to get a bit more preformance out of my existing cooler for cheap then I do plan on using the LM for my liquid cooling solution I plan on building soon with the NudeCNC block I funded 

Liquid metal is probably the most expensive TIM you can buy, for me conductonaut was €50 for a large tube of it, that's almost as expensive as Kyronaut, however for the 212 EVO, I'm afraid the TIM isn't really that much of a thermal barrier, it's 4 heatpipes and small surface area are much more of an issue, it won't make it better. 

Yours faithfully

24 minutes ago, andpeterson said:

Also is there any safer LM alternatives that still provide high performance with no chance to degrade either my cooler or CPU?  

Yes. An AIO.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

liquid metal belongs in one location and one location only, between the Die and IHS, outside of the IHS it's performance gains are minimal and not worth the potential issues, use traditional thermal paste at that point.

Thanks for your feedback everyone. I'll stick with my current thermal paste for now, gonna wait on this upgrade once I have my water cooling block