Gpu seems to not get pcie power. Please help. Unexplainable issue

AnTicXz

So my specs are a GTX 980 TI a ryzen 5 1600 a Asus x370 gaming f and I have a 1200 watt Rosewell 80 plus gold Photon power supply.

I have a very strange issue where my graphics card doesn't seem to power on other lights that are controlled by the pcie power light up on the card but the card does not be appearing to get pcie power. I have tried different slots on my power supply replacing the cables different sockets on the wall different power strips and I just can't seem to figure out why the the graphics card won't get power. The strange thing is sometimes that the computer will completely boot up fine other times when I hit the power button at the computer will flash on for a second then turn off other times it will boot up and then the graphics card wall flash a few times I think this is normal though then it will boot into safe mode other times the graphics card will turn on successfully with no problems and the system will boot up just fine giving display output. I know the GPU is not getting power because there are two lights next to the 8 Pin connectors on this card that are not lighting up when this issue is happening

I tested many variables and I just do not know what is going on anybody can give me any insight or information please ask questions I've been dealing with this problem for about 4 months now sometimes the computer turns on fine other times I have to spend 5 hours trying to get it to turn on not exaggerating. Please share all the information you can thank you.

2 minutes ago, CODboyX said:

I know the GPU is not getting power because there are two lights next to the 8 Pin connectors on this card that are not lighting up when this issue is happening

Based on that, maybe the PCIe power on your PSU is dead (if that's even possible), or the card's power connectors somehow died. Do you have another system to test in or another PSU to test with?

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 minute ago, tikker said:

Based on that, maybe the PCIe power on your PSU is dead (if that's even possible), or the card's power connectors somehow died. Do you have another system to test in or another PSU to test with?

Yes but that will be hard to get to ATM. If this keeps happening I will test it however

1 hour ago, tikker said:

After leaving the comuter in plugged for 15 minutes it turns on most of the time. Whe I boot into window drivers are not being detected for the gpu

3 hours ago, CODboyX said:

After leaving the comuter in plugged for 15 minutes it turns on most of the time. Whe I boot into window drivers are not being detected for the gpu

Hmm, makes me suspect the card more than anything else at the moment.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB