Far Cry 3 Is crashing my PC. GPU is not detected afterwards.

Lean18

Yesterday, i got Far Cry 3, cause of the ongoing sale. Installed it and was pretty pumped, cause i already have FC4 and its a good game. Started a new game, and the intro hasnt even ended when my TV starts to output "No Signal" and seconds after the audio crashes too... Even if i let it completely shut off or shut the pc off with the power button or just restart it with the restart button, when it boots into my second screen, that becomes the main screen, my GPU isnt even detected and the AMD Control panel is gone. I can make my GPU get detected again by switching it off with the switch on the PSU. Basically, 10s of seconds into the first intro/mission, my PC crashes for an unknown reason.... Could anyone tell me whats causing this ? Ive finished FC4 with no issues like this and all of my other games work too. PC Specs are in my signature.

I know that this post is a mess, but id like to know if theres somekind of an issue with my GPU, or its FC3 thats f**king something up.

TL:DR - FC4 Is crashing my PC. If i restart it with the restart button, my GPU isnt even detected. Also the AMD Control panel is gone when right clicking on desktop. Fixed by shutting it off with the power switch, starting the machine and reinstalling the driver. 

Also, i have only installed again installed the driver once, cause, after of when it first happened, ive been shutting it off with the power switch right after it crashes, and that seems to keep the AMD Control panel there, when right clicking on desktop. I dont even really know how to explain this..

Have you tried reinstalling the game

My life

10 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Have you tried reinstalling the game

Just did it, crashed again, just a bit later than the other times tho.

1 minute ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

bsod, try rerolling drivers to newer or older

I dont know if you can call it a BSOD.... I forgot to mention that the second monitor is connected to my mobo, as its a VGA display, and well, its 2018. The TV had no signal, but the second monitor was still up, until it crashed completely ( turned off )

1 hour ago, DxMoose said:

I dont know if you can call it a BSOD.... I forgot to mention that the second monitor is connected to my mobo, as its a VGA display, and well, its 2018. The TV had no signal, but the second monitor was still up, until it crashed completely ( turned off )

what are your pc's specs?

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

also, it could be a DX version issue.

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

38 minutes ago, DxMoose said:

bsods can also happen without showing the bsod screen, ;v  check eventvwr for the crash

(◑‿◐)

15 hours ago, Grockle88 said:

what are your pc's specs?

I said that they are in my signature....

15 hours ago, Grockle88 said:

also, it could be a DX version issue.

Got DX12 already, atleast dxdiag says so.

What GPU do you have.

My friend said to me that for the last week, whenever he was playing PUBG, after around 10minutes of being on, the PC would stop displaying a picture, yet he could hear sound, but after around 30seconds, even that would go.

I made a topic about this yesterday. I was going to go round today and have a look, but he said there was a windows update and he'll give it a go, and as of today, it seemed to be working fine (He doesn't know a great deal about computers, so maybe nVidia put out an automatic update also, not sure), but he sent me a picture which basically had errors from the past few days, and his error everytime was:

Display driver failed to start.

Display driver failed to start; Using Microsoft basic display driver instead.

Anyway, maybe update windows and driver as much as possible and see if that helps.

On 2018.05.9. at 7:56 PM, SM Phoo said:

What GPU do you have.

My friend said to me that for the last week, whenever he was playing PUBG, after around 10minutes of being on, the PC would stop displaying a picture, yet he could hear sound, but after around 30seconds, even that would go.

I made a topic about this yesterday. I was going to go round today and have a look, but he said there was a windows update and he'll give it a go, and as of today, it seemed to be working fine (He doesn't know a great deal about computers, so maybe nVidia put out an automatic update also, not sure), but he sent me a picture which basically had errors from the past few days, and his error everytime was:

Display driver failed to start.

Display driver failed to start; Using Microsoft basic display driver instead.

Anyway, maybe update windows and driver as much as possible and see if that helps.

Okay thanks! havent looked at windows settings, and when reinstalling the Graphics driver, i got the newest one, i believe

Edit: Had one installed yesterday too, and it seems like theres this "• Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803" available