best bang for the euro

Goodday,

I've had a prebuild PC for a while which I upgraded a little while ago with a sharkoon 600W 80 plus bronze PSU and a MSI gtx1060 6gb. Not much later I got a samsung 120gb ssd. 
Now I would need a motherboard, CPU, cpu-cooler and RAM that would allow to take all the performance out of my gpu, but I have no clue what to pick. Can you please help me out? 
I was also thinking to go mini-ITX size, but don't know if it's the best option, but would be great.
I live in central/west europe, so it's all in euro's for me. budget is as low as possible, but hoping to stay under 600.

Thank you in advance.

(I realize it's a bottleneck :( )

I added a picture of how my pc looks right now. (Yes, I bashed in the drivecage to fit in the gtx1060)
The case is a Tacens aluminium extreme, The side panel is 1 huge fan which makes a lot of noise, that's why I don't have it on the case :)

IMG_20180506_195645.thumb.jpg.6338838677bd97c29a11f89fb38e975f.jpg

What's the current cpu? For all you know it might not be a bottleneck.

Your budget should be more than enough. I made an AMD build last november for $400 (<350 euros), and it supports a 1070 just fine.

Also if you are replacing the mobo+cpu+ram it might not be a bad idea to pick up a real case, considering you have the budget.

I too started with a prebuilt, but it was made out of consumer parts. Once I upgraded it was super helpful to have a case that is at least somewhat versatile.

Prebuilt's like yours are not meant for wide compatibility, and cost is always more important than the user experience.

Plenty of cheap cases that should do the trick, nothing fancy needed.

Only a quality of life thing though, not imperative.

Desktop:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.75* RAM: 2 by 8gb G.Skill Flare X 2400 @2666* GPU Strix GTX 1070 @1880-ish

Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500gb; 2x 2tb Seagate Barracuda Drives; 1tb hdd (It died after 4 years :();

Laptop: (HP Stream 11-y010nr "Spent all my money on my Desktop" Edition)

CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 @160 BILLION hertz RAM: 400 BILLION bytes Samsung DDR3L @160 BILLION hertz 

GPUIntel HIGH DEFINITION Graphics @32 BILLION hertz

Storage: 32 TRILLION bytes of SOLID STATE emmc C drive with 64 TRILLION bytes of SOLID STATE microSD card D drive.

*Overclocked around 25% of the time... questionably stable.

3 minutes ago, Linker said:

What's the current cpu? For all you know it might not be a bottleneck.

Also if you are replacing the mobo+cpu+ram it might not be a bad idea to pick up a real case.

I started with a prebuilt made out of consumer parts. Once I upgraded it was super helpful to have a case that is at least somewhat versatile.

Prebuilt's like yours are not meant for wide compatibility or user experience.

Plenty of cheap cases that should do the trick, nothing fancy.

Only a quality of life thing though.

Currently I have a I5-3470 3.2Ghz with 8 gb 1333Mhz Ram and a Acer I-pimb motherboard.
I was planning to get a new case, but that will depend on what size of motherboard I will get, But most likely it will be somewhat like the NZXT H400i

6 minutes ago, thekhaozzz said:

Currently I have a I5-3470 3.2Ghz with 8 gb 1333Mhz Ram and a Acer I-pimb motherboard.
I was planning to get a new case, but that will depend on what size of motherboard I will get, But most likely it will be somewhat like the NZXT H400i

That's not a horrible cpu. It might not be at bottlenecked as you imagine. Take it with a grain of salt though, I have limited experience.

An upgrade still helps.

You have two options for starting points, you can go a little higher or lower from here depending on your needs.

Intel 8400 ($179)

or Ryzen 5 2600 ($189 on amazon, sale?)

They perform pretty similarly, but the 8400 is has noticeably better single threaded (gaming) performance, especially because of the years of optimization by game devs.

The 2600 though does better with multi threaded workloads (content creation like video editing). It also does a bit better for multi tasking, and streaming too I think. It has a solid stock cooler that can take some light overclocking (it is unlocked, unlike the 8400) though.

For intel mobos look for h370's, though if you really want to go cheap, take a h310. You can tailor it to your exact needs, or just get a really cheap one, though it won't be as flexible.

The AMD 2000 series is still pretty new, so there are only "enthusiast" tier boards right now, which are a bit expensive. You could get a last gen b350 board, but it would need a bios update, which usually needs a cpu... Little bit of a problem there. I think some asus boards don't need the cpu, but not sure about a b350 with it.

Look for 2400mhz or above DDR4 ram, and pick the cheapest name brand. 8gbs should be fine, but 16 is the highest I would go. Ram speed helps, but isn't too important on the intel chips. (AMD on the other hand greatly benefits from it.)

So go with the i5 if you just game.

But if you do streaming/content-creation than you might want to consider the AMD option, you'll lose a few fps but will be rewarded with better multi-threaded performance, but you can still go Intel if there are too many hoops to jump through right now for motherboard.

Desktop:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.75* RAM: 2 by 8gb G.Skill Flare X 2400 @2666* GPU Strix GTX 1070 @1880-ish

Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500gb; 2x 2tb Seagate Barracuda Drives; 1tb hdd (It died after 4 years :();

Laptop: (HP Stream 11-y010nr "Spent all my money on my Desktop" Edition)

CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 @160 BILLION hertz RAM: 400 BILLION bytes Samsung DDR3L @160 BILLION hertz 

GPUIntel HIGH DEFINITION Graphics @32 BILLION hertz

Storage: 32 TRILLION bytes of SOLID STATE emmc C drive with 64 TRILLION bytes of SOLID STATE microSD card D drive.

*Overclocked around 25% of the time... questionably stable.

AMD:

Asus B350 STRIX - 124.90 euro

Ryzen 1600X - 184.90 euro

Cryorig H7 quad lumi - 54.90 euro

16 GB G.Skill Flare X 3200Mhz cl 14 - 239.90 euro

Total = 604.60 euro

Intel:

Asrock H370 Pro4 - 104.90 euro

Intel I5-8400 - 177.90 euro

Cryorig H5 ultimate - 44.99 euro

16 GB HyperX Fury 2666Mhz cl16 -  184.90 euro

Total = 512.69 euro