Can't install Windows 10 version 1803

Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,
43 minutes ago, TheLaserCucumber said:

I've checked, and theres nothing left.

Is there any way I can force the update to install?

Hmm.. ok so then there are registry items still left that needs to be manually removed.Open Regedit, and search for anything with "Symantec", and delete it.

You can force update via Media Creation Tool, doing a Windows 10 update from Windows 10 (boot from USB flash drive, pick install Install, and pick Upgrade), or using Media Creation Tool, pick that you don't want to keep your program, just your personal data. You'll need to re-install all your stuff after

Hi,

my PC downloaded the Update to Version 1803.

I wanted to install it, and it told me that I've got to deinstall Symantec Endpoint Protection.

Ok I thought, and did it.

But now it isn't installed anymore, and it still says that I have to deinstall it.

Any idea for a workaround?

Thanks

Main PC: R7 3700X / Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi / Radeon RX 5700 XT / 32GB DDR4-3200 / 250GB & 2TB Crucial MX500 (in HP Prodesk 400 Case)

Laptop: R5 2500U / Radeon Vega 8 / 8GB DDR4-2400 / 500GB SK Hynix BC501 (HP Envy x360 13)

My little Server: i7-7700 / Asrock H110M-ITX / 24GB DDR4-2400 / Samsung 860 Pro 250GB & Seagate Firecuda 2TB / VMware ESXi 6.7

(Don't tell me i should Name them, i don't want to ^^)

Reboot after the removal?

Run CCleaner or something to make sure registry settings aren't lingering?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

17 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Reboot after the removal?

Run CCleaner or something to make sure registry settings aren't lingering?

Did both, nothing changed.

Main PC: R7 3700X / Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi / Radeon RX 5700 XT / 32GB DDR4-3200 / 250GB & 2TB Crucial MX500 (in HP Prodesk 400 Case)

Laptop: R5 2500U / Radeon Vega 8 / 8GB DDR4-2400 / 500GB SK Hynix BC501 (HP Envy x360 13)

My little Server: i7-7700 / Asrock H110M-ITX / 24GB DDR4-2400 / Samsung 860 Pro 250GB & Seagate Firecuda 2TB / VMware ESXi 6.7

Symantec tend to include a bunch of other stuff (updater as a separate program, for example), make sure everything from Symantec is removed (and restart after)

10 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Symantec tend to include a bunch of other stuff (updater as a separate program, for example), make sure everything from Symantec is removed (and restart after)

43 minutes ago, TheLaserCucumber said:

Hmm.. ok so then there are registry items still left that needs to be manually removed.Open Regedit, and search for anything with "Symantec", and delete it.

You can force update via Media Creation Tool, doing a Windows 10 update from Windows 10 (boot from USB flash drive, pick install Install, and pick Upgrade), or using Media Creation Tool, pick that you don't want to keep your program, just your personal data. You'll need to re-install all your stuff after

4 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

I looked through the registry and deleted all entries with symantec in the name, until I found one of the windows update program, were it told me with what it had a problem.

End of the story: It literally had a problem with a folder on the desktop, were the setup.exe for SEP was in...

I don't understand why you have to look into the registry to find out a data path to the programs windows update has a problem with, why can't it just tell me the path right in the program? Duh...

But anyways, thanks for helping fam :)