asus rog swift pg279q problem

bubuie

hey guys, yesterday i have recieved brand new asus rog swift pg279q   https://www.amazon.com/PG279Q-2560x1440-G-SYNC-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B017EVR2VM/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

, 2k monitor, hooked up everything worked great, played some games, after some time this thing happened, contacted amazon live chat they told me all the things i could do, and transfered me to asus, i found out that sending this monitor back for RMA would cost me 200+$ ..... what can cause this problem? tried display port, HDMI everything still same

31949312_1885870261446412_5949461429395390464_n.jpg

I had this same issue with a Viewsonic monitor. It seems that it's just shipping damage and there's really nothing you can do about it apart from issuing an RMA clain or trying to get a refund from the store (if it was a brick and mortar store). Pure speculation, but maybe some cheaper 1440p monitors are just two 1080p panels put together and this can maybe happen as a result. (don't actually know, just speculation, please don't flame me).

6 minutes ago, VicciVicVic said:

I had this same issue with a Viewsonic monitor. It seems that it's just shipping damage and there's really nothing you can do about it apart from issuing an RMA clain or trying to get a refund from the store (if it was a brick and mortar store). Pure speculation, but maybe some cheaper 1440p monitors are just two 1080p panels put together and this can maybe happen as a result. (don't actually know, just speculation, please don't flame me).

750$ monitor does not seem to be cheap :)) yea i have contacted Asus waiting for response... bought it through amazon, they dont do s****

1 minute ago, bubuie said:

750$ monitor does not seem to be cheap :)) yea i have contacted Asus waiting for response... bought it through amazon, they dont do s****

You're right it's definitely not cheap. Mine was a budget-ish monitor so I thought it was just down to poor quality; returned it and got my money back.  Seems it's not so isolated to budget monitors anymore, maybe it's just a specific panel technology or something. Anyway, as I said you best hope is to RMA it :)