Put a Desktop GPU in a LAPTOP… The CHEAP WAY!

Hey

I tried this with my hp probook 640 g1 with an 750ti, and once everything was plugged in and everything, i turned it on, when i turned it on it showed me a black screen that turned on and off and and off. I turned of the laptop and tried again, but it still did the same thing. So i put everything back to normal, and it worked perfectly. And I tired again recently adding the 750ti and it did the same, and when i switched it back it worked perfectly. I dont really know what do to fix this. Please if you have any advice, tell me, i would really appreciate it! (and when I said ,"with an 750ti", I am talking about the gpu I want to use, my laptop has a intel graphics)

What did you do exactly? I feel like you meant to include a picture or something.

Edited by Dissitesuxba11s
You did what the LTT video tutorial showed.

I feel like you didn't watch the whole LTT video. It requires custom firmware for the laptop to even detect the GPU and I believe that the M.2 edge slot on your model is SATA based and not PCI-e. Sorry to say this but it's not going to work.

Yeah I agree with @Dissitesuxba11s you clearly didn't watch the video carefully, they say it doesn't work with most laptops, and the ones that it does, it's more of a pain than anything to get it working.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂