Help! Pubg stuttering Caused by low hard drive space?

Hi guys! Firstly, I'm not sure if these kinds of posts are entertained here so pardon me if not.

I've been enduring PUBG stuttering for a while now, I've recently upgraded my CPU since I thought it was the Pentium slowing it down and solely responsible for the stutter. But still when I replaced it I'm still getting this issue especially during combat and highly populated areas

I've been monitoring CPU/GPU usage after I die and notice gpu usage isn't as stable, I know my GPU doesn't really comply to minimum requirements posted but I think it should not be stuttering this bad. I also applied overclock to it (+150/+300)

So is it possible that it's the hard drive causing this issue? Here's the pic of GPU USAGE during in game: https://imgur.com/a/MnEJGYg

Specs: i5-4460

Palit Geforce GTX 750 OC

8gb DDR3 HyperX Fury @1600mhz

1TB 7.2k RPM HDD 107GB free

I don't think it's the hard drive. I have pubg on my HDD and I'm running it fine 60fps on high settings with GPU and CPU both maxed out at most intensive locations. I'm afraid your GPU is the bottleneck here as it's clearly going to 100% usage occasionally.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

10 minutes ago, jmu599 said:

Hi guys! Firstly, I'm not sure if these kinds of posts are entertained here so pardon me if not.

I've been enduring PUBG stuttering for a while now, I've recently upgraded my CPU since I thought it was the Pentium slowing it down and solely responsible for the stutter. But still when I replaced it I'm still getting this issue especially during combat and highly populated areas

I've been monitoring CPU/GPU usage after I die and notice gpu usage isn't as stable, I know my GPU doesn't really comply to minimum requirements posted but I think it should not be stuttering this bad. I also applied overclock to it (+150/+300)

So is it possible that it's the hard drive causing this issue? Here's the pic of GPU USAGE during in game: https://imgur.com/a/MnEJGYg

Specs: i5-4460

Palit Geforce GTX 750 OC

8gb DDR3 HyperX Fury @1600mhz

1TB 7.2k RPM HDD 107GB free

That probably does have some noticeable effect, but another possible issue is that your card only has a single gigabyte of VRAM and that game is poorly optimized and therefore demands more VRAM than you have.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

I never thought of it that way! thanks guys! yeah this card only has 1GB of VRAM! I'll try to check VRAM usage too this time. But it might literally be its probable cause since it lags on highly populated areas. Also, it lags when I turn my view to other places and this sucks especially when I have to flick to an enemy.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Sorry if its too late to bump this post. I've downloaded HD Sentinel and noticed that my main drive is legally dead (8 days estimated remaining lifespan, at 8% health) although it says that Performance is still 100%, I doubt it does since report says they have found multiple bad sectors and errors during data transfer pic attached below. I have transferred PUBG game files to my other drive which still has a hefty life on it. Which is weird because it's the older one and I mean YEARS older and managed to outlive this new one.

Im gonna be playing some games later and try to report if there's noticeable differences. I've also noticed that HUGE stutters and frame drops occur in Miramar which is a bigger map meaning more files to load (?) correct me if I'm wrong.

image.png

Try to reinstall windows, maybe your pc are full of shit and are mining bitcoin for the chineses lol....

check ur PSU too

The stutter is a feature :P

I've been getting stuttering in various areas with PUBG on my system too. Doesn't matter if it's with SLI, single GPU, SSD, HDD Raid 0, live version, experimental version, new drivers, old drivers, windowed, fullscreen, GSync on, Gsync off, or on a reinstalled Windows.

This is what happens when the developer prioritizes loot crates over bug fixes and optimization.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

20 hours ago, 1337ROOT said:

Try to reinstall windows, maybe your pc are full of shit and are mining bitcoin for the chineses lol....

check ur PSU too

Hahaha good one! but I've maintained my pc well I think no unknown background processes that I know of are running and it reflects on cpu/gpu usage and temps. But I did consider reinstalling windows because of so much clutter but I decided just to defrag it hoping for same results.

Turns out maybe just VRAM bottleneck, I've played for a while and Miramar really stutters the hell out of my system compared to Erangel, given that miramar is ~50% bigger I really think its just overall gpu bottleneck.

3 hours ago, Frankenburger said:

The stutter is a feature :P

I've been getting stuttering in various areas with PUBG on my system too. Doesn't matter if it's with SLI, single GPU, SSD, HDD Raid 0, live version, experimental version, new drivers, old drivers, windowed, fullscreen, GSync on, Gsync off, or on a reinstalled Windows.

This is what happens when the developer prioritizes loot crates over bug fixes and optimization.

yes RIP optimizations for a lot more consumerism and microtransactions, plus servers esp in AS and SEA really suck right now and I doubt its my ISP.