All my usb ports stopped working

LOST TALE
Go to solution Solved by LOST TALE,

Windows reinstalled the drivers automatically. all time and attention was appreciated. Thank you.

My computer is now unusable. At least I have this second one from which to help myself. but I can't do much without the first one.

Please help me

I have the  Asus P8-z77v-LK motherboard.

The only installed OS is windows 10.

The problem climaxed when I uninstalled the asmedia drivers after a comment who said (uninstalling both drivers (asmedia and something elsE) would fix the problem. Then I lost all 3 ports that were still barely working (wouldn't work for usb storage)

I have the asus motherboard CD and it has the asmedia drivers.

Quick temporary fix: reinstall asmedia drivers. But how? New updated wll be listed from most recent to oldest.

update: said it couldn't fix windows. nigga there was nothing to fix. I came close to reseting it but I didn't. I just chose ''continue to windows 10'' and it worked. It would make sense for windows to simply reinstall the usb drivers automatically on boot. ;( my feels from this adventure. pls. The drivers are back looking from the device manager. I still havne't fixed anything. I'm just back to the same shitty 2 ports. But by god do they make a difference.

I'll make a fresh new post asking how to proceed. I atleast have a keyboard and mouse. 

update: when windows started it said repairing windows. BRB.

edit: For the bios some ports work with keyboard and mouse, some don't. The situation is delicate. The keyboard lit up but took 10 seconds of typing  to go to bios.

These are the bios settings. They haven't been changed in years. I haven't changed any of them yet. Any leads?

6gnRmw.jpg

64QWbX.jpg

background:

Also, the pins from the front usb panel were bent. YEsterday they bent a little more, causing usb ports from the back to malfunction (basically turn off) and say ''device receives insufficient power''. I took out all usb devices. Didn't fix. I restarted pc. and it failed to restart saying ''overcurrent on usb ports''

I shut down the PC unplugged the front panel and everything was fine again.

The pins in the front panel were bent because I placed my computer in a way that a non careful person could bend the usb plug when entering my room. The damage was done before I fixed that. Then it was simply a matter of time before bent pins would be bent even more.

That usb panel was half dead from the moment I unpacked the new case and mobo. I should have returned it but I was too excited about my first build to bother.

The pin bending was user error.

Anyway going back to today. After yesterday's over-current incident (which wouldn't give any warning or shut down the computer, but would give one when startring it)

overshadowed today's realization that my keyboard and mice would only work in 3 ports and none of those ports would detect an usb key.

I knew it was dangerous to uninstall drivers and I might be left stranded. I explored other options and ... then I tried this.

The first uninstall fucked me. I expected the other 10+ usb drivers would pick up.

So can this be fixed?

I'm going to check if the bios will allow mouse and keyboard and if it will in every port. The mouse is good for this because it will light up anbd shut down immediatly in some of the bad ports, highlighting that there's a problem. Hopefully nothing else breaks from this.

I also have usb charge boost or some other utility installed that came with asus ai suite. I don'T know what the problem is. Everything was the same except for yesterdays overcurrent probably caused by a little more pin bending on a front usb panel.

I hope I'm not seen as an idiot deserving this.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

the MB OCP should have protected those ports, but it's possible they might have shorted out completely. You may need a PCIe USB Expansion card to regain USB functionality.

good news is that they are dirt cheap and can be found just about anywhere.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

13 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

the MB OCP should have protected those ports, but it's possible they might have shorted out completely. You may need a PCIe USB Expansion card to regain USB functionality.

How does that work? Does it come with new usb ports of its own or does it also restore something (guess not)?

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Windows reinstalled the drivers automatically. all time and attention was appreciated. Thank you.

9 hours ago, knightslugger said:

this is the cheapest 3.0 I could find https://www.amazon.com/SupaHub-Express-Expansion-Windows-Connector/dp/B0756VZ9BK/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1525485738&sr=8-19&keywords=usb+expansion

or this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NMBXUXI/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DEMN06T1PXVI

are these prices normal or should I check my local computer store?