Windows 10 fails to update with weird side effects

Go to solution Solved by Spartaton,

Well I just realized what time it is, and I need my laptop for tomorrow so I've gone ahead with the reset. I know there wasn't a lot of time to reply; I guess I got carried away trying to fix it on my own.

Hey, wanted to see if anyone here has suggestions before I resort to resetting Windows. The issue is with Windows 10 (64-bit) on my Gigabyte P57 (gtx 1070 and 7700HQ) laptop. I put off updating for a while because it always asks me to update in the middle of class, and today my computer crashed (blue screen with the :(). When it was restarting it said windows was updating, which I thought was a bit strange. Anyways, I decided I would finally update windows. The usual banner that shows up in the middle of my screen after a few minutes of being on did not show up, so I checked for updates manually.

The update in question is https://bit.ly/2riJ4Jw (KB4093105) and my installed update history says it has been successfully installed (twice), but it also says it requires a restart to finish (7 times). Check for updates always thinks it up to date when I log back in, but after checking is says I don't have the Cumulative Update for Windows 10.

Now for the strange parts. Every single time the update fails I have to log in twice. Yes, I type my password (correctly), hit enter, but instead loading my desktop, it loads that screen right before you enter your password. I enter my password a second time and it loads the desktop. Also, 2 times my keyboard stopped working, once before I was able to log in and once after I had been logged in for about a minute. One time my wireless mouse was not working, which was the same time my keyboard stopped working before I was able to log in.

So, any ideas? Or should I just get on with the reset and re-installation of programs?

Well I just realized what time it is, and I need my laptop for tomorrow so I've gone ahead with the reset. I know there wasn't a lot of time to reply; I guess I got carried away trying to fix it on my own.