upgrades

noot

Current: Z68motherboard / 3470s / 650ti / 4x4gb 1600 ddr3 / 250gb 850 evo / 2tb baracuda / 750w psu / M40x headphones / XF240H monitor freesync

Want: HD599s / 2600k / gtx970 or 580 4gb / dac+amp / NH-D15 (for oc) / meshify c mini / 550w psu

cost: $750

Will this be enough to last me a handful of years? (3-4years)

It depends on your specific needs. It would not be a good streaming PC (while it can do basic streaming, full-time streaming would not be optimal with that setup) but for just productivity, browsing the web, and casual gaming with some other demanding games, that setup will be fine. 

Edit: I would recommend you getting a better CPU though...

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

3 minutes ago, Jasun said:

It depends on your specific needs. It would not be a good streaming PC (while it can do basic streaming, full-time streaming would not be optimal with that setup) but for just productivity, browsing the web, and casual gaming with some other demanding games, that setup will be fine. 

gaming is my goal, being able to run games at high setting with mixed optimized tweaks... I want to play any game at 1080p and have an enjoyable time, *650ti 20fps* is my ache

1 minute ago, noot said:

gaming is my goal, being able to run games at high setting with mixed optimized tweaks... I want to play any game at 1080p and have an enjoyable time, *650ti 20fps* is my ache

high setting... better CPU would be required if you wanna run with high settings.

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

my dilemma is choosing a 970 or the 580 4gb , i have a freesync panel and its only $50 more for the 580, but with the mining... used cards are sketchy towards newer efficient cards > 580

3 minutes ago, Jasun said:

high setting... better CPU would be required if you wanna run with high settings.

well, idk about that look at benches with the 2600k vs 8700k not much difference especially when you oc the 2600k to its potential 5Ghz

THAT IS GAMING 8700k destroys the 2600k in productivity

2 minutes ago, Jasun said:

That's a load of crap. I had a fx 8350 and that thing would manage high settings just fine with some slight tweaks. You just can't break past 60 fps with the 8350 but the cpu doesn't matter nearly as much as along as you adjust settings and aren't shooting for above 60 fps.

2 minutes ago, noot said:

well, idk about that look at benches with the 2600k vs 8700k not much difference especially when you oc the 2600k to its potential 5Ghz

They are full of crap. Your current cpu would be enough for 60 fps not to mention the 2600k. 

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

That's a load of crap. I had a fx 8350 and that thing would manage high settings just fine with some slight tweaks. You just can't break past 60 fps with the 8350 but the cpu doesn't matter nearly as much as along as you adjust settings and aren't shooting for above 60 fps.

yup and I think it could manage 144 fps fine with minimum bottleneck

2600k is a bit old but does great. Don't expect crazy fast processing times or flawless benchmark results. Just a video edit here and there and maybe some 3D work.

It will do fine.

I recommend you get a 970/ti.

Could i know your PSU please?

hi.

4 minutes ago, tj_420 said:

2600k is a bit old but does great. Don't expect crazy fast processing times or flawless benchmark results. Just a video edit here and there and maybe some 3D work.

It will do fine.

I recommend you get a 970/ti.

Could i know your PSU please?

nex 750B

I want the seasonic focus titanium 550w $100 full modular

but will the ram be a potential bottleneck in 3 years from now?

On 04/05/2018 at 12:44 PM, noot said:

but will the ram be a potential bottleneck in 3 years from now?

It will be alright. Not the best, but alright. In 2-3 years you might see DDR5 released.

hi.