Need Help With SMB Scanning

hey guys

I have just got myself a Bizhub c244 office monster to use for work however I have not been able to get the scanner to SMB to work I am not sure what I am doing wrong, it scans ok, but then it doesn't send to my laptops however it sends it to my colleges 

Any ideas as I have no idea at all about this system

David

Have you created a SMB share on your laptop? You'll either need to define an account with permission or just give "everyone" access. Once you chose how you want to secure it, you'll need to make sure to apply it to the "share" tab as well as the permissions tab - there are 2 places you have to set permissions.

18 hours ago, Mikensan said:

Have you created a SMB share on your laptop? You'll either need to define an account with permission or just give "everyone" access. Once you chose how you want to secure it, you'll need to make sure to apply it to the "share" tab as well as the permissions tab - there are 2 places you have to set permissions.

I’m sorry if this seems like a stupid question. Is a SMB share the same as a normal folder with share enabled. You say that I need to give permission to two locations which two locations.