Should I change my stock h100i fans?

So i currently have a factory overclocked i7 7700k (4.5GHz) being cooled by a Corsair H100i v2 cooler, on a Gigabyte Designare Z270X board, inside an NZXT h440 case. temperatures on my chip have been pretty toasty lately (85°C+)and not to mention fans have been obnoxiously loud. I have already reapplied thermal paste a few times, changed the position of the radiator from the front as an intake to the top as an exhaust, and swapped out two of the 120mm stock NZXT fans on the front of the case with some Af120 Fans from corsair (which seem a lot louder)  On another note when shutting the system down, an audible rattle is heard from one of the radiator fans.
What fans are best to replace the stock ones currently fitted? I know Linus would probably recommend Noctua however there are about 3 variations of their fans.

NF-F12's or NF-A12's would be good. 

What's your core voltage set to? The issue is probably due to your case being very restrictive.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

21 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

NF-F12's or NF-A12's would be good. 

What's your core voltage set to? The issue is probably due to your case being very restrictive.

I think I will go ahead and get a couple of NF-F12 Chromax fans.

CPU Vcore is set to 1.180 

BVLK Adaptive Voltage is set to Auto

I'm not sure if the case is truly at fault as I have removed all the hard drive bays that would otherwise block the intake fans.

4 hours ago, R.Arnold said:

I'm not sure if the case is truly at fault as I have removed all the hard drive bays that would otherwise block the intake fans.

The H440 top and front panels are very restrictive. You can remove to to see how much of a difference it makes to cooling.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The H440 top and front panels are very restrictive. You can remove to to see how much of a difference it makes to cooling.

What I'm going to do is run an Aida64 stability test for an hour with 4 different factors:

1. Normal Operation
  2. Only top panel
  3. Only front panel
  4. No panels

I will come back later with the results

Update:
Test one (all panels attached) I ran this for about an hour and didn't see temperatures any higher than 87°C With an Ambient room temperature of 23°C.

Test two (no front panel), I ran this for about 21 minutes before my system completely locked up and wouldn't respond. according to the AIDA64 termination alert the maximum temperature was 78°C.

Test three (No top Panel)

Okay the Noctua fans have arrived now I’m going to mount them in the same place as the old ones (exhaust on the radiator)

On 5/4/2018 at 8:28 AM, R.Arnold said:

Test two (no front panel), I ran this for about 21 minutes before my system completely locked up and wouldn't respond

If this is with your oc enabled, it seems like it might not be very stable. 

On 07/05/2018 at 12:56 PM, WoodenMarker said:

If this is with your oc enabled, it seems like it might not be very stable. 

My whole pc is temperamental and unstable no matter what I set the clock speed to. 

7 hours ago, R.Arnold said:

My whole pc is temperamental and unstable no matter what I set the clock speed to. 

Is it unstable with motherboard settings set to default?

Is it unstable with motherboard settings set to default?

It depends what I’m doing, despite having a Gigabyte board I sometimes have issues with 

‘IOMAP64.sys’ despite having removed this multiple times.

4 hours ago, R.Arnold said:

It depends what I’m doing, despite having a Gigabyte board I sometimes have issues with 

‘IOMAP64.sys’ despite having removed this multiple times.

What issues? Were motherboard settings set to default?

On 5/10/2018 at 7:27 PM, WoodenMarker said:

What issues? Were motherboard settings set to default?

I had cleared cmos so everything was set to default values, I've made a list of the issues I currently have:

• Occasional BSOD caused by IOMAP64.sys
  • Non-Launchable Internet Explorer 
  • ONLY subfolders of my 'Downloads' open in new window despite this option being disabled for everything
  • Java apparently being 32-bit on a 64-bit OS
  • Random Input lag from keyboard occasionally occurs
  • BIOS update f5d refuses to install from any method

Have you recently installed any new hardware or software?

An IOMAP64.sys BDOS may indicate an issue with drivers or an Asus Utility. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and utilities for your motherboard and graphics card.

Try checking your storage drives' health with software like CrystalDiskInfo.

Java on the main download page is 32-bit. There's another page for 64-bit. https://java.com/en/download/faq/java_win64bit.xml

What methods have you tried to update the BIOS?

changing your fans will only help decrease noise and increase airflow, but if the CPU is overheating (if there's a 30C or greater difference between the CPU and the coolant)

Delid might be the only way to decrease your temps, and mount the rad in the front

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

On 5/11/2018 at 8:37 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Have you recently installed any new hardware or software?

An IOMAP64.sys BDOS may indicate an issue with drivers or an Asus Utility. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and utilities for your motherboard and graphics card.

Try checking your storage drives' health with software like CrystalDiskInfo.

Java on the main download page is 32-bit. There's another page for 64-bit. https://java.com/en/download/faq/java_win64bit.xml

What methods have you tried to update the BIOS?

I've not installed any new hardware or software aside from the two noctua fans.

I shouldn't have to reinstall any drivers for my Motherboard as it is GIGABYTE not Asus however I will attempt to reinstall all my Graphics drivers

On 5/11/2018 at 9:25 PM, aezakmi said:

changing your fans will only help decrease noise and increase airflow, but if the CPU is overheating (if there's a 30C or greater difference between the CPU and the coolant)

Delid might be the only way to decrease your temps, and mount the rad in the front

It is possible that the cpu could be overheating but even after an 8 hour AIDA64 stability test no thermal throttling occured. Temperature difference between the CPU (Package) and coolant is often around 25°C. I've never delid a CPU before and honestly would prefer not to break a chip that in my budget expensive to replace. My system has always had issues since day one and no one has ever been able to understand it.

See Crystal Disc Info below:

Spoiler

image.png.390d4a66556c990c0f7f11739178d48f.png

image.png.c2f12bde9649e23d4a00e60249a85143.png

image.png.1d28df2ce00b322f1acca36f71eee5cc.png

something's wrong, there shouldn't be a big difference between the CPU and the liquid temp

this is my rig while gaming, Temperature #1 is the coolant and it's 30C while the CPU is 34C, fans are 650RPM, I mean my cooler is similar to yours except for the fans being 140mm instead of 120mm

EYKNQnQ.jpg

I also had a problem with my CPU hitting 80C when I built my computer and I thought the cooler was dead but no, I removed the block copper plate and there was some kind of grease inside, I removed that and the cooler worked perfectly.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

On 5/13/2018 at 12:06 AM, aezakmi said:

something's wrong, there shouldn't be a big difference between the CPU and the liquid temp

this is my rig while gaming, Temperature #1 is the coolant and it's 30C while the CPU is 34C, fans are 650RPM, I mean my cooler is similar to yours except for the fans being 140mm instead of 120mm

EYKNQnQ.jpg

I also had a problem with my CPU hitting 80C when I built my computer and I thought the cooler was dead but no, I removed the block copper plate and there was some kind of grease inside, I removed that and the cooler worked perfectly.

I think i may have mentioned this before but everyone I have previously spoken too have all come to one conclusion:

"your system makes no sense"

Side note a ran a user benchmark and the results are somewhat odd:
http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/8758994

a lot of my applications (despite running a 64-bit OS) have now decided to run in their 32-bit counterparts. I wonder If perhaps reinstalling the OS is a good idea, Unfortunately I doubt it is possible to do without loosing all my programs.

So right now my system is in about 5 pieces I can’t decide where to put the radiator, what fans to put on it and how it should be orientated. 

Since my nzxt case is somewhat restrictive with airflow I really need your guys help resolving this dilemma.