Fractal Design Define R6 tempered glass vs standard panel noise?

Hi everyone,

I can't find any info on whether or not there is an increase in noise levels when using the tempered glass panel on the Define R6 and if so how significant is it.

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on the matter?

1 hour ago, ColePfeiffer said:

Hi everyone,

I can't find any info on whether or not there is an increase in noise levels when using the tempered glass panel on the Define R6 and if so how significant is it.

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on the matter?

There has not been any independent testing done AFAIK between the solid side panel and the TG panel, however considering the side panel has sound dampening foam, there is a fair bet that there is a small increase in noise, however it probably wouldnt be the difference between talking and whispering, more like whispering and slightly quieter whispering.

If you're concerned it's going to be multiple DB's louder with a TG panel, dont. The TG version was used in this noise test and it ranked one of the highest on the chart, only 2DB louder than a case without any case fans and 0 sound dampening

fractal define r6 noise

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3177-fractal-define-r6-case-review-mid-tower

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25