Looking for a z97-a or similar

So a bit of back story, my friend is building a cheap gaming pc and so far picked up 2 GTX 970s for £200 and then he got a I7 4770k and a Asus b85 pro gamer combo for £250 but he has just realized that the motherboard is not sli compatible.

So far all we have found what meets the criteria and isn't bank breaking is a z97-a but has no io shield (and we can't find an io shield online for it either). So the question is does anyone know where we can get a z97-a or something comparable with what we have got?

Thanks

Honestly? Just run a single 970 and sell the other. SLI support on the best day is a joke, on a bad day costs you performance. 4770k is more than enough CPU these days, upgrade after the dust settles between AMD and Intel. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

Honestly? Just run a single 970 and sell the other. SLI support on the best day is a joke, on a bad day costs you performance. 4770k is more than enough CPU these days, upgrade after the dust settles between AMD and Intel. 

Will a 970 be good enough to run triple a titles at 60fps 1080p?

Just now, jorge97 said:

Will a 970 be good enough to run triple a titles at 60fps 1080p?

Hell yeah, 970 is at heart a 1080p card. More than enough to give the market a year to quiet down, then maybe move up to Nvidia's next architecture. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

At 1080p 60 yes and if not then drop settings like Shadow Quality or AA down accordingly. If he's looking for a z97 or z87 motherboard to OC I'd look on Gumtree or the /r/HardwareswapUK subreddit.

I'm selling my Z97 Maximus VII Formula and a 4790K if you're in the upstate NY area.

Just now, Skizzy_34 said:

I'm selling my Z97 Maximus VII Formula and a 4790K if you're in the upstate NY area.

I'm in england dude

22 hours ago, jorge97 said:

I'm in england dude

Eh, just a quick walk down the road lol.