Ryzen APUs and multi-monitor support

Hey peeps,

I am thinking of upgrading my moms desktop that she uses for her business. The reason for this is that I need some of her current hardware for different computers/applications. Additionally, I have had some stability issues with the platform as well. For the replacement I was looking into was the Ryzen 3 2200G because of its unbeatable price at Microcenter at the moment, and I am very happy with my experience with 1st Generation Ryzen. Because my mom isn't gaming, I was thinking of going with a cheap A320 motherboard such as the Gigabyte GA-A320-S2H. This motherboard has the two connectors I need for the two monitors she uses (Being DVI-D and VGA. Monitor details in current spec list) The Hurdle is figuring out if this motherboard (or even platform) has multi monitor support.

So my question is this:

Does anyone know If Ryzen APUs support Multi-Display setups?

Her workloads typically consist video chatting (Skype and WeChat), web browsing (Firefox with an ad blocker for security reasons), content viewing on websites such as Youtube and Netflix, editing Word documents, and managing payrole and taxes through Excel, Quickbooks, and TurboTax. 

Her current computer specs are as follows:

AMD FX 8320e (Stock Clocks)

MSI GMA720-fx (I could be wrong. This board is a P.O.S. and needs to go regardless)

8gb of HyperX DDR3 1866 MHz (2 x 4Gb dimms)

EVGA GTX 750ti SC

OCZ SSD

A very questionable 500GB HDD (I plan to replace with a 1TB Firecuda SSHD)

Windows 10 Pro

and two Dell Ultrasharp P170S monitors, both of which have 1x VGA, and 1x DVI-D Dual Link connectors each

The reason for this configuration was because the CPU, motherboard, and memory were on sale at microcenter at the time. The monitors were free from my dads job, as they were just throwing them away. The GPU was my old graphics card, which I have since upgraded. The parts that I mainly want out of the old setup are the CPU, RAM, and GPU.

I haven't tried it myself, but I don't know why they wouldn't support more than one display, especially at such a low resolution. 

1 minute ago, Lenovo1984 said:

I haven't tried it myself, but I don't know why they wouldn't support more than one display, especially at such a low resolution. 

I thought the same thing, but there is little to no information on this topic. I know that with the old socket FM(x) platform was pretty hit or miss with multi-display setups.

That CPU should be fine for light office tasks, if she just wants a boost in performance you should switch to an SSD, more processing power probably isn't going to do much if it's still running from an old HDD.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

It shouldn't be a problem, apu gpus can do pretty much the same things as their dedicated counterparts as long as the motherboard has enough outputs.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Theguywhobea said:

That CPU should be fine for light office tasks, if she just wants a boost in performance you should switch to an SSD, more processing power probably isn't going to do much if it's still running from an old HDD.

Her boot drive is an SSD, but its running out of space. I was planning to upgrade her HDD anyway.The reason for the upgrade is because I need her current hardware for other machines. Also, even before I put the questionable hard drive into that machine, I was having stability issues at random times. A fresh copy of windows would randomly hard reboot for no apparent reason. This isn't so much of an issue now however.