Ryzen 2600x vs 2700x GAMING only

So i want a CPU to keep for like 5 years, is the Ryzen 5 enough or the 2 extra cores on the ryzen 7 will be  way better in 3-4 years? From what i saw games scale well up to 6 cores and  really a small gain going to 8 cores

Also i have an AMD Rx 580 MSI gaming X as GPU

4 minutes ago, Toynbee said:

So i want a CPU to keep for like 5 years, is the Ryzen 5 enough or the 2 extra cores on the ryzen 7 will be  way better in 3-4 years? From what i saw games scale well up to 6 cores and  really a small gain going to 8 cores

Also i have an AMD Rx 580 MSI gaming X as GPU

If you need the CPU to really last 5 years then the 2700X is the clear choice.

If you plan on upgrading before then the 2600X is the clear choice.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

For gaming in the near future, say the next 2 years, the 2600X will be fine. After that, it's really hard to say.

Are more games going to properly use all the cores of the 2700X? No one knows at the moment. There are some rumors of the next Playstation coming out maybe the end of this year and more cores on that system could mean ports to the PC would also utilize more than 4 cores effectively. However, none of that is confirmed.

If you really want to keep your hardware for 5 years, I'd say buy the best you can get because it will be almost obsolete at that point, and the extra cost per year is very small.

That said, I would get the 2600X and upgrade the CPU near the end of the AM4 lifecycle.

Does you mum know you're here?

buy the 2600, the RX580 will be a problem for gaming way before you max out the 2600. Besides AMD will be supporting AM4 till 2020 so you can upgrade the CPU at any time. 

For gaming the 2600x is the better value. There will likely be better use of more cores in the future but it will likely be around 5 years or more down the road when 8 cores will be noticably more benificial over 6 cores. 

Also what about ram? prices are so high... if i get a stick of 8 gigs now and 8 gigs later will it act like dual channel? or i get 2 sticks of 4 gigs now  and 2  later