How fast does the PS4 Pro white get dirty and is a PS4 Pro worth it?

c0mplexx*

I'm a bit more than average in dirty terms I guess but I might just do an every-other-week cleanup in my room.

I'm asking if the PS4 Pro is worth it because so far i'm on a 1080p pc monitor but MAYBE planning to upgrade to a 1440p monitor soon

~That annoying dude who keeps asking questions~

11 minutes ago, c0mplexx* said:

I'm a bit more than average in dirty terms I guess but I might just do an every-other-week cleanup in my room.

I'm asking if the PS4 Pro is worth it because so far i'm on a 1080p pc monitor but MAYBE planning to upgrade to a 1440p monitor soon

1. White gets dirty like White stuff. At least there is no Piano Lack shit...

2. THe PS4 PRO is always worth it if you want to use it extensively, regardles of the Monitor Size.

There are Games that run faster/better with the PRO, there are games that offer higher Details with the Pro.

A 4k Monitor isn't needed for a PS4 PRO to make sense.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

PS4 Pro can do supersampling with the latest OS version.  Also, many newer games are coded with the Pro in mind to allow for faster frame times, texture loading/quality, etc. on 1080p screens.  Been using it on an older non-LED LCD panel with zero complaints.

Don't think it'd run at 1440p...probably still at 1080p.  Could be wrong though.

In regards to the color...just dust when you can, and make sure it has a bit of room on the sides and plenty of room in the back for airflow.

@c0mplexx* The PS4 white will get dirty depending on what your doing around it. if not eating or drinking near it (Over it really) then most you would have to deal with is dust and smudges from touching it every week or 2.

Secondly the PS4 Pro doesn't really change much depending on what screen you play on it being 720p, 1080p or higher. In all honesty go for it if you think it is worth the cost, The Console will run faster than the normal PS4 initially but over time that speed will degrade, 

Coming from someone who has the original Xbox One(Launch version) I know different console but similar in this sense the speed will degrade over time when adding more games to your library and further down the OS updates. Being that I have what I call the classic Xbox one it still works fine on speed. 

In short if you don't care about it slowing down on menu screen and game library shiz then go for it as the gameplay shouldn't get affected 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

1 hour ago, Alex Colson said:

The Console will run faster than the normal PS4 initially but over time that speed will degrade, 

Coming from someone who has the original Xbox One(Launch version) I know different console but similar in this sense the speed will degrade over time when adding more games to your library and further down the OS updates. Being that I have what I call the classic Xbox one it still works fine on speed. 

In short if you don't care about it slowing down on menu screen and game library shiz then go for it as the gameplay shouldn't get affected 

that sounds like a harddisk/defragmentation problem rather than one of the consoles.

But remember that with the PS4 it is possible to use an SSD instead, you just have to have a USB Stick with around 1GiB, download the big (~1GiB) Update file, copy it to the PS4\UPDATE Folder, replace the HDD, insert the USB Stick and update it.

Though that's another ~200 bucks for the 500GiB SSD, better 1TB.

and a USB3.0 Case for the old HDD, than you have 1,5TB total.

Sad thing is that the differences between an SSD and the HDD on PS4 aren't that great...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

if it had a 4k blu ray disk player it would be worth it for me to get a ps4

but since it doesnt i'll stick with PC gaming for now

12 hours ago, c0mplexx* said:

It'll show stains easier if that's what you're asking. Modern day plastics shouldn't have the issue of yellowing like stuff from the 90s and prior.

12 hours ago, c0mplexx* said:

The Pro gives you more options as far as performance or quality goes. However, it only outputs 1080p or 4K, so there's no point in hooking up the PS4 Pro to the 1440p monitor.

12 hours ago, Alex Colson said:

I don't know how much the Xbox likes to show off stuff about the games you have, but the PS4 ecosystem is all about that social media and sharing. It might be slower because it may be trying to pull things from the internet about the games you play.

On 30/04/2018 at 9:47 PM, M.Yurizaki said:

I don't know how much the Xbox likes to show off stuff about the games you have,

What games everything we have is also on pc....

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...