What defects should I look for in my new monitor?

Just received a shiny new IPS monitor and as we all know there is a panel lottery in play across the market. What defects should I check for to ensure that my monitor is properly QC'd before the return window expires?

- I've checked for dead pixels, can't see any right now (yay!), but will check again later today just in case I've missed something or a new one appears in the next few hours.

- I've tried checking for backlight bleed but unfortunately it's daytime and I don't have blackout curtains so I can't do a proper check until tonight. I didn't see anything obvious on max brightness but again it's daytime so I'll see how it fares at night.

What other defects should I check for?

Thanks!

Stuck pixels as opposed to dead pixels.  Also check all available inputs that you can check.

i would say generally dead or stuck pixels as well as that the inputs work.

beside this things like backlight bleed dont really matter if you dont notice them, you often see pictures where people put a static black image on max brightness and then complain theres some bleed there, id say it doesnt matter if you dont notice in normal conditions.

On 28/04/2018 at 12:08 PM, PineyCreek said:

Stuck pixels as opposed to dead pixels.  Also check all available inputs that you can check.

On 28/04/2018 at 12:52 PM, Pixel5 said:

i would say generally dead or stuck pixels as well as that the inputs work.

beside this things like backlight bleed dont really matter if you dont notice them, you often see pictures where people put a static black image on max brightness and then complain theres some bleed there, id say it doesnt matter if you dont notice in normal conditions.

Thanks guys. Unfortunately I noticed backlight bleed as the daylight disappeared (I usually prefer to keep my room dimly lit at night) and a hot (always white) pixel. This is the AOC AGON AG271QG (manufacturer date Feb 2018).

I have requested an RMA from the retailer. I don't want to have the repeated hassle of multiple returns at my own expense. I'm not sure if it's worth trying replacements or if I should go for a VA/TN alternative.

3 hours ago, Aravi said:

Go for samsung c24gf473

Do you think I would miss G-SYNC?

Here is backlight bleed on this AOC panel:

IMG_20180429_141642.jpg