24 pin connector has slight melting

4 minutes ago, Thelolster32 said:

the psu is 2 yrs old btw...

Be happy that it lasted that long and hasn't already killed your Hardware or yourself!

Pls switch the PC off, disconnect the PSU and throw it away, according to electronics regulation whereever you are.

And get a decent PSU!

Like Cougar GX-F, Bitfenix Formula, be quiet Pure Power 10.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

4 minutes ago, damsdanerd said:

go for a good 650 80+ and i think it would be ok  i have found an evga 80+ bronze for you at only 39 $ go to amazon and search.

evga psus here in the philippines are overpriced.

2 minutes ago, damsdanerd said:

go for a good 650 80+ and i think it would be ok  i have found an evga 80+ bronze for you at only 39 $ go to amazon and search.

Could you please stop??

What you are saying is bullshit, he doesn't need a 650W PSU.

A good quality 300-350W PSU is plenty for this situation.

1 minute ago, Thelolster32 said:

So could I use a corsair vs450 for this with upgradability of some parts like gpu or motherboard+psu. Because I usually can afford only one upgrade a year with my current financial status as a highschool student.

Yes and buying a new PC is cheaper than getting a decent PSU??
What you are missing is that a good PSU enhances the Life of all Components while a shitty PSU reduces the Lifetime.

And there is no need for you to get a "high Wattage" PSU.

400-450W is plenty, even for more modern PCs without OC.

And even 300-350W is enough for you.

What's available?
Is a Hexa 85+ available??

4 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

That's why he was talking about decent Quality PSU.

And he is right.

EVERY Decent PSU can output 100% of the specified Wattage!
If it can't its crap.

Easy as that.

What the heck did you do?!
That's like double to tripple what it actually does.

Doesn't matter, those components consume next to nothing.

Yes, its shit. We know that already.

And that's what we are saying here.

And you yourself are saying the PSU is shit...

WHAT are you talking about?!

It makes NO SENSE.

As for Output Capacity, take a look at that:

DSC_4247Andere.md.jpg

What do you say now?!

That's Bitfenix by the Way...

guy, i have the exact same problem; you show me nothing but animosity. ok component are low powered. why did you show me a bitfeNix WHISPER GOLD TO ILLUSTRATE; Thelolster32 has a crappy generic psu and i have a bronze one not gold and not 850watts 80+. so i don't understand why you go for a fight with me. explain it plz.

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

What's available?

Um I could not find hexa here, the best I could do really is the vs450 which is $34 or 1700 pesos here. I have max budget of $40 or 2000 pesos.

Just now, damsdanerd said:

guy, i have the exact same problem; you show me nothing but animosity.

Yes, because you don't ask question, when you should.

Most of your Statements posted here are false, that help nobody.

650W for a PC that consumes next to nothing makes no sense.

You want a good quality PSU first.

Wattage doesn't matter that much, especially if you don't overclock.

Even 400-450W is plenty for most modern System and its even hard to get over that without Overclocking.

why did you show me a bitfeNix WHISPER GOLD TO ILLUSTRATE;

First Line in every Language.

EN:
Continuous Power - Bitfenix Guaranteed Continuously for 24/7 system Operation

That is proof that the advertized Wattage of a decent PSU is what you can use  24/7!

There is no need to calculate anything. 

A 400W PSU can deliver 400W, not consume it.

Depending on Efficiency, the max 

Thelolster32 has a crappy generic psu and i have a bronze one not gold and not 850watts 80+. so i don't understand why you go for a fight with me. explain it plz.

It does NOT matter.

A good PSU can deliver whatever is on the Label.

That is what the Product Label states.

But here's another Picture:

DSC_4031Andere.md.jpg

5th from above

Its German and translates to "full rated Power at 40°C/104°F ambient Temperature".

I used the German part because its more clear than the English one.

Again:

The Wattage on the Label is the Continuous Rating!!

It has to deliver that, if it doesn't its garbage.

8 minutes ago, Thelolster32 said:

Um I could not find hexa here, the best I could do really is the vs450 which is $34 or 1700 pesos here. I have max budget of $40 or 2000 pesos.

What Hexa?
Could you pls Link to the Shop??

There is around half a Dozen different units with the Hexa name, most aren't worth it.

Some are though.

4 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Could you please stop??

What you are saying is bullshit, he doesn't need a 650W PSU.

A good quality 300-350W PSU is plenty for this situation.

Yes and buying a new PC is cheaper than getting a decent PSU??
What you are missing is that a good PSU enhances the Life of all Components while a shitty PSU reduces the Lifetime.

And there is no need for you to get a "high Wattage" PSU.

400-450W is plenty, even for more modern PCs without OC.

And even 300-350W is enough for you.

What's available?

facts are: he is in phillipine and i don't know electrics norms in this country, second amd likes to say "low powered" but i know it i build one rig with a10 6700 then i put it on a generic case with generic 450 psu and it was stop working at load and there was no graphic card, but a lepa 600 watts 80+ was ok. fact is amd lie about tdp. fact is i got an fx8350 then now a ryzen3 1200 so i think i know my topic and you don't. Fact is with 8350 and 7950 my 750 watt 80+ was struggling. fact is with my new "low powered" ryzen3 which is also a 65 watts+2 rx480+570 it struggles and melt on the 12 volts cables. No arc no bad plugins and no crap psu. Stop trolling and understand it. i know that with an i5 7400 plus a 1070 my brother in law is ok with a cx650 80+ bronze but in my case with a crossfire which is about 250 watts tdp i'm not with my psu because amd lie on tdp and bronze psu are weak for this exercise. In his case i know it is the same pins as me, i know what i' have done to calculate, and you always have to overestimate your tdp. you speak about a tdp @idle with only gpu+cpu tdp but you have to think about harddrives  and other things as consumption @ load, cpu and gpu heat in a bad generic case etc etc... also phillipines is tropical so there's a lot of wet and heat think about it on the psu and hardware components... think a little and plz stop bashing at me i know what i know.

51 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

What Hexa?
Could you pls Link to the Shop??

There is around half a Dozen different units with the Hexa name, most aren't worth it.

Some are though.

My family has a family business. That is where I buy parts for cheap. Though the decent psu brand is only corsair. PSUs here are a little bit overprice.

Edited by Thelolster32

Just now, Thelolster32 said:

My family has a family business. That is where I buy parts for cheap. Though the decent psu brand is only corsair.

Corsair's lowest end decent PSU is the CX450. What other brands are available?

:)

2 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Corsair's lowest end decent PSU is the CX450. What other brands are available?

i dont seem to find the CX450 in our pricelist. The VS450 is lowest in our available pricelist. The otherbrand is aerocool.

38 minutes ago, Thelolster32 said:

evga psus here in the philippines are overpriced.

go for one not overpriced i know the problem in france there's a lot of problem with prices.

If i overestimate your tdp you can calculate it with an online calculator. think tdp +200 watts to be ok for evolution and don't think about crossfire which does the same problem as you have if the psu cables are crap (for me the print on the cable says max 80 °C and it melted but my case temps don't past the 40°c so it's stress from the gpu on the cables),

i noticed that some people here talks about expensive psu because they don't think there are poor people as you or me, they don't think about current salary in phillipines which is about 250 $ max so far less for a student but i think about.

the better solution you have is what they say but the other one is to search the web about cheap solution such as to plug a second weak psu beside of your current one to support the draw and re sleeve the 24 pin on a new connector but you have to be patient and precise. for example you can find this
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/New-24-Pin-Dual-Psu-ATX-Power-Supply-Adapter-Cable-Connector-for-Mining-Dual-PSU-EM88/32826306086.html?src=google&albslr=221093620&isdl=y&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&source={ifdyn:dyn}{ifpla:pla}{ifdbm:DBM&albch=DID}&src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=494-037-6276&isdl=y&albcp=653151748&albag=36672819047&slnk=&trgt=75384829977&plac=&crea=fr32826306086&netw=g&device=c&mtctp=&aff_platform=google&gclid=CjwKCAjwt5DXBRAtEiwAa3vyEhmAqE-EGwRNkEd4EsUrxSDCmSR89pRnnrnDl2QMlg7dInsa3CnPDxoCPAgQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

then you have to do some welding on the psu with the two bad cables,  search for house cable which are far more resistant as i show you  on page one. but you have to know what you do or to search for a guy who know electricity and welding. then you take a second generic psu and plugin on the double cable i show you on the link.

so if one of the weak psu isn't strong enough with two it could be ok. but you have to verify everything inside the psu for example condensers so you have to documentate the plot a lot or as i said to know someone who knows about electronics.

And another thing to add is that  I  observed the motherboard and specially that place where you put the 24 pin connector. There's this little black pin in the left side. Is that a burn on the motherboard or that's just normal?

P_20180428_215950.jpg

11 minutes ago, damsdanerd said:

go for one not overpriced i know the problem in france there's a lot of problem with prices.

If i overestimate your tdp you can calculate it with an online calculator. think tdp +200 watts to be ok for evolution and don't think about crossfire which does the same problem as you have if the psu cables are crap (for me the print on the cable says max 80 °C and it melted but my case temps don't past the 40°c so it's stress from the gpu on the cables),

i noticed that some people here talks about expensive psu because they don't think there are poor people as you or me, they don't think about current salary in phillipines which is about 250 $ max so far less for a student but i think about.

the better solution you have is what they say but the other one is to search the web about cheap solution such as to plug a second weak psu beside of your current one to support the draw and re sleeve the 24 pin on a new connector but you have to be patient and precise. for example you can find this
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/New-24-Pin-Dual-Psu-ATX-Power-Supply-Adapter-Cable-Connector-for-Mining-Dual-PSU-EM88/32826306086.html?src=google&albslr=221093620&isdl=y&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&source={ifdyn:dyn}{ifpla:pla}{ifdbm:DBM&albch=DID}&src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=494-037-6276&isdl=y&albcp=653151748&albag=36672819047&slnk=&trgt=75384829977&plac=&crea=fr32826306086&netw=g&device=c&mtctp=&aff_platform=google&gclid=CjwKCAjwt5DXBRAtEiwAa3vyEhmAqE-EGwRNkEd4EsUrxSDCmSR89pRnnrnDl2QMlg7dInsa3CnPDxoCPAgQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

then you have to do some welding on the psu with the two bad cables,  search for house cable which are far more resistant as i show you  on page one. but you have to know what you do or to search for a guy who know electricity and welding. then you take a second generic psu and plugin on the double cable i show you on the link.

so if one of the weak psu isn't strong enough with two it could be ok. but you have to verify everything inside the psu for example condensers so you have to documentate the plot a lot or as i said to know someone who knows about electronics.

I would really want  to do that but it's a little bit a hassle and I dont have any spacing inside and outside the casing for 2 psus.

42 minutes ago, damsdanerd said:

facts are: he is in phillipine and i don't know electrics norms in this country,

What does that Matter?
He should have 230VAC as most Countrys have. 

second amd likes to say "low powered" but i know it i build one rig with a10 6700 then i put it on a generic case with generic 450 psu and it was stop working at load and there was no graphic card, but a lepa 600 watts 80+ was ok.

You make the wrong assumptions.

The Problem here is the "Generic" Stuff.

Here a Review of "Generic" Stuff:

https://www.computerbase.de/2015-01/7-billig-netzteile-versagen-im-test/2/

Most of those don't even get to 80% Load, Efficiency is garbage, voltage Regulation is awful, Ripple Suppression is bad.

In short: A good quality 350W unit would make more sense, they aren't much more expensive, deliver what is advertized, have better Voltage Regulation, Protection, Ripple Suppression.

Just look at that:

https://www.computerbase.de/2017-11/topseller-amazon-netzteil-test/

Also the "generic" ones (Inter Tech, HKC, LC-Power) aren't really worth the money over the named Brand...

fact is amd lie about tdp.

Fact is you have no Idea what you are talking about because you are not able to verify your clame.

Its not like Intel doesn't do it.

That's how modern Components with "Turbo" work!

The Problem isn't AMD, the Problem is shitty, low quality Power Supplys that don't deliver the advertised wattage...

fact is i got an fx8350 then now a ryzen3 1200 so i think i know my topic and you don't. Fact is with 8350 and 7950 my 750 watt 80+ was struggling.

See, that is the Problem.

And the Reason People are mean to you...

You don't know anything about me and assume that I never had an FX8350,

And you're wrong.

I had an FX8350 with an ASUS Sabertooth 990FX V2 - and measured the Power Consumption.

And that was around 300-350W with my 7970GHz Edition in Games.

So a good 400-450W PSU would be more than enough.

And what do you mean with "Struggling"? And what "750W 80plus" PSU was it?
There are good ones (Silverstone Zeus 750W), there are shitty ones...

fact is with my new "low powered" ryzen3 which is also a 65 watts+2 rx480+570 it struggles and melt on the 12 volts cables.

Fact is you assume things you can not prove.

Fact is that shitty PSU are really bad and can cause all kinds of problems.

Fact is that you are mostly talking about units we wouldn't even think about buying or recommending.

And what "+12V Cable" are you talking about?

If you are talking about Molex to PCIe Adapter, then of course it melts...

No arc no bad plugins and no crap psu. 

Then stop claiming stuff and start asking stuff...

i know that with an i5 7400 plus a 1070 my brother in law is ok with a cx650 80+ bronze

...wich is usually said to be a PSU of decent quality...

Your Lepa probably isn't...

but in my case with a crossfire which is about 250 watts tdp i'm not with my psu because amd lie on tdp and bronze psu are weak for this exercise.

No, because you are using either Adaptors or a shitty PSU.

With a decent PSU, that wouldn't have happened

And why a mismatched Crossfire Setup?!
Yeah, it works but its absolutely NOT recommendet...

Its not AMDs Fault that you don't use good quality Stuff and assume things without ever thinking about the Quality of a PSU,...

There are good quality PSU, there are bad quality PSU.

In his case i know it is the same pins as me, i know what i' have done to calculate, and you always have to overestimate your tdp.

1. How do you know its the same pins?
How do you know they come from the same manufacturer?
How do you know its the same model??

Is it Molex, AMP, Foxcon or some other manufacturer?

Again, you are claiming stuff (again), that you can not prove.

2. Stop calculating, start MEASURING.

I don't calculate, I measure.

I put my components into a PC, connect those to my high quality PSU and look at the Powermeter while I run Heaven and Prime 95. Or do other stuff I'm talking about.

I don't calculate anything.
I don't assume anything.

you speak about a tdp @idle with only gpu+cpu tdp but you have to think about harddrives  and other things as consumption @ load, cpu and gpu heat in a bad generic case etc etc...

No, you are talking about shitty PSU and don't want to listen to what other people are saying to you.

I'm saying that you are assuming things from a wrong point of view because you do not have decent quality Power Supplys, never had, never used them.

I have good quality PSU.

And I also used not so good PSU.

And the differences is that with a good PSU, you avoid trouble while with low quality PSU you are asking for it.

One of my shitty PSU isn't even able to boot, the system (don't know wich it was right now) froze in the BIOS.

also phillipines is tropical so there's a lot of wet and heat think about it on the psu and hardware components... think a little and plz stop bashing at me i know what i know.

Yes, I think

That is why we are trying to recommend decent quality PSU.

And we don't realy bash you, we are trying to correct the things you are saying and put them in the right light.

I've shown you multiple pictures, that prove that a good quality PSU is able to deliver 100% of its advertised capacity at higher Ambient Temperatures (usually 40°C). You ignored that hard evidence and are still claiming that he needs a 600W+ PSU - wich he does NOT!

A good quality PSU is always a good idea!

I rather recommend a good 400-450W PSU than a shitty 600W+ one especially if they are the same price.

Because the advantages of the good quality are so enormous -> longer life of the PSU, longer life of the Components, less noise, better quality fan.

It just makes no sense to recommend bad 80plus units with 600W+...

Those 80plus White things only make sense in 300-350W.

6 minutes ago, Thelolster32 said:

And another thing to add is that  I  observed the motherboard and specially that place where you put the 24 pin connector. There's this little black pin in the left side. Is that a burn on the motherboard or that's just normal?

P_20180428_215950.jpg

it is the melted plastic's residu from the pin that burnt. you can clin it with some metal little brush or something that's thin enough to go in and it should be ok. you have to clean on the 24 pin connector too and then you can use it for sometimes before it happens again. take care the pin doesn't twist when you plug the 24 pin atx connector.

it is the melted plastic's residu from the pin that burnt.

No, its not!
its Corrosion due to excessive heat.

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

No, its not!
its Corrosion due to excessive heat.

So is it ok to just plug the new psu in with no issue or is the motherboard broken?

23 minutes ago, damsdanerd said:

1. Overestimating the power consumption doesn't help.

2. Online PSU Calculators already overestimate the real power consumption. Adding more Watts to it doesn't help.

3. He doesn't need more Watts, he needs more Quality!

There are Differences between PSU, even at the same Wattage!

So its entirely possible that a good quality 450W can power a system that a bad quality 600W can not.

No, we think about good quality PSU because a decent quality PSU is cheaper than buying a new PC!

Even if it is expensive right now, it will save money in the Long Run.

Jeez, are you trying to let him destroy his Computer?!
Why do you do that?!

Just look at the Links I provided!
They showed that low quality PSU are bad, go over spec (OK, some decent quality ones do too).

And you know what Voltage is?
Its the difference in electrons between two points.

If one Point has 5,1V and the other Point has 4,75V, you have a voltage of 0,35V between those points. That can cause a current, wich can (or rather will) destroy anything in its way.

That is why nobody whos here a bit longer would recommend two PSU!!

And even if, that is only recommended with two identical units that have DC-DC - something for Overclockers and Miners.

Not for the "average Joe"!!

Sorry, but you should listen to what people here are trying to tell you...

Your tips get worse and worse...

And its not Welding, its probably soldering.

But that does NOT make it any better and will cost more in the long run than a good quality PSU!

Because it will damage the components he has right now in the Long Run.

Not advised because it will cause damage in the long run.

Might need a couple of Months, maybe a year, but it will destroy his hardware...

And that is why we recommend good quality PSU!

Because with a good PSU, he can use his hardware longer and save money!

13 minutes ago, Thelolster32 said:

P_20180428_215950.jpg

You need to remove that black stuff from the connector.

The ways I could think of is a cotton stick and Isopropanol.

Another thing would be a small flat head screw driver.

Or using the Connector of the old PSU and shove it in a couple of times (though its more dangerous), that should also remove the gunk.

8 minutes ago, Thelolster32 said:

So is it ok to just plug the new psu in with no issue or is the motherboard broken?

it is OK, if you clean the Pins.

There is no way around that.

Because the coloring of those pins cause an increased resistance, wich causes the Voltage to drop, wich will cause the same problem you have right now.

So you have to clean the pins.

7 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

What does that Matter?
He should have 230VAC as most Countrys have. 

You make the wrong assumptions.

The Problem here is the "Generic" Stuff.

Here a Review of "Generic" Stuff:

https://www.computerbase.de/2015-01/7-billig-netzteile-versagen-im-test/2/

Most of those don't even get to 80% Load, Efficiency is garbage, voltage Regulation is awful, Ripple Suppression is bad.

In short: A good quality 350W unit would make more sense, they aren't much more expensive, deliver what is advertized, have better Voltage Regulation, Protection, Ripple Suppression.

Just look at that:

https://www.computerbase.de/2017-11/topseller-amazon-netzteil-test/

Also the "generic" ones (Inter Tech, HKC, LC-Power) aren't really worth the money over the named Brand...

Fact is you have no Idea what you are talking about because you are not able to verify your clame.

Its not like Intel doesn't do it.

That's how modern Components with "Turbo" work!

The Problem isn't AMD, the Problem is shitty, low quality Power Supplys that don't deliver the advertised wattage...

See, that is the Problem.

And the Reason People are mean to you...

You don't know anything about me and assume that I never had an FX8350,

And you're wrong.

I had an FX8350 with an ASUS Sabertooth 990FX V2 - and measured the Power Consumption.

And that was around 300-350W with my 7970GHz Edition in Games.

So a good 400-450W PSU would be more than enough.

And what do you mean with "Struggling"? And what "750W 80plus" PSU was it?
There are good ones (Silverstone Zeus 750W), there are shitty ones...

Fact is you assume things you can not prove.

Fact is that shitty PSU are really bad and can cause all kinds of problems.

Fact is that you are mostly talking about units we wouldn't even think about buying or recommending.

And what "+12V Cable" are you talking about?

If you are talking about Molex to PCIe Adapter, then of course it melts...

Then stop claiming stuff and start asking stuff...

...wich is usually said to be a PSU of decent quality...

Your Lepa probably isn't...

No, because you are using either Adaptors or a shitty PSU.

With a decent PSU, that wouldn't have happened

And why a mismatched Crossfire Setup?!
Yeah, it works but its absolutely NOT recommendet...

Its not AMDs Fault that you don't use good quality Stuff and assume things without ever thinking about the Quality of a PSU,...

There are good quality PSU, there are bad quality PSU.

1. How do you know its the same pins?
How do you know they come from the same manufacturer?
How do you know its the same model??

Is it Molex, AMP, Foxcon or some other manufacturer?

Again, you are claiming stuff (again), that you can not prove.

2. Stop calculating, start MEASURING.

I don't calculate, I measure.

I put my components into a PC, connect those to my high quality PSU and look at the Powermeter while I run Heaven and Prime 95. Or do other stuff I'm talking about.

I don't calculate anything.
I don't assume anything.

No, you are talking about shitty PSU and don't want to listen to what other people are saying to you.

I'm saying that you are assuming things from a wrong point of view because you do not have decent quality Power Supplys, never had, never used them.

I have good quality PSU.

And I also used not so good PSU.

And the differences is that with a good PSU, you avoid trouble while with low quality PSU you are asking for it.

One of my shitty PSU isn't even able to boot, the system (don't know wich it was right now) froze in the BIOS.

Yes, I think

That is why we are trying to recommend decent quality PSU.

And we don't realy bash you, we are trying to correct the things you are saying and put them in the right light.

I've shown you multiple pictures, that prove that a good quality PSU is able to deliver 100% of its advertised capacity at higher Ambient Temperatures (usually 40°C). You ignored that hard evidence and are still claiming that he needs a 600W+ PSU - wich he does NOT!

A good quality PSU is always a good idea!

I rather recommend a good 400-450W PSU than a shitty 600W+ one especially if they are the same price.

Because the advantages of the good quality are so enormous -> longer life of the PSU, longer life of the Components, less noise, better quality fan.

It just makes no sense to recommend bad 80plus units with 600W+...

Those 80plus White things only make sense in 300-350W.

first i know it's the same cables because i saw on his pictures and here are mine in both cases it's the second and third pins or the last of the 20 pins and the first on the +4 pins in front of the ram slot; Second i got a corsair cx750M is this a shitty psu prof? third your advice to buy a better psu is good but i don't think i say foolish things because i learn about this kind of problems since it happens to me in december 2017 until now. last he can't afford a very good brand for 40$ don't think as a german rich guy who can afford a 150$ psu but as a more ore less poor student without a 3000$ salary  ;) last answer for me. i got the same problem i solved it with welding for 0 euros so its possible to search a cheap solution.

31392972_10214201329539663_3347495474687901696_n.jpg

3 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

it is OK, if you clean the Pins.

There is no way around that.

Because the coloring of those pins cause an increased resistance, wich causes the Voltage to drop, wich will cause the same problem you have right now.

So you have to clean the pins.

Is it hard and/or dangerous and is a cotton bud enough for the job. And lastly how much isopropyl alcohol must I use to suceed in cleaning this.

11 minutes ago, Thelolster32 said:

Is it hard and/or dangerous and is a cotton bud enough for the job.

I don't know.

You have to do it/try.

And lastly how much isopropyl alcohol must I use to suceed in cleaning this.

1ml should be enough, maybe 2-3ml.

Not that much.

And if it doesn't work, you have to use 'brute force' to remove the shit.

The best Option would to clean it with Isopropanol, then insert the ATX Connector  one or two times in that position.

You don't need to use the ATX Connector for that, use a PCIe or CPU Connector instead!

2pins where 3,3V (Orange) and GND (black) goes are left out and the PCIe connector fits over the two +12V rails.

You just use this Connector for "cleaning purposes", without any power anywere!

The reason to use a different connector with less pins is les stress for the Motherboard on that portion, so less chance of damaging anything.

48 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

I don't know.

You have to do it/try.

1ml should be enough, maybe 2-3ml.

Not that much.

And if it doesn't work, you have to use 'brute force' to remove the shit.

The best Option would to clean it with Isopropanol, then insert the ATX Connector  one or two times in that position.

You don't need to use the ATX Connector for that, use a PCIe or CPU Connector instead!

2pins where 3,3V (Orange) and GND (black) goes are left out and the PCIe connector fits over the two +12V rails.

You just use this Connector for "cleaning purposes", without any power anywere!

The reason to use a different connector with less pins is les stress for the Motherboard on that portion, so less chance of damaging anything.

great advices i take it too but one thing i try to put a 6 pin pcie in it and it doesn't fit neither the 2 pins btw.

9 minutes ago, damsdanerd said:

great advices i take it too but one thing i try to put a 6 pin pcie in it and it doesn't fit neither the 2 pins btw.

looks good to me...

And does what it should -> Scratch away the shit...

DSC_4918.thumb.JPG.0f69036fdced9a1fc40f73484571b721.JPG

And if you assume that I haven't tried it before posting, you are wrong. I did and that's how I know...