R220 Poweredge Game Host

Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,

gpu won't help at all. Its all cpu + ram here.

Hello Everybody!

I was curious, but I recently picked up a Dell Poweredge R220 1U rack server with a E3-1240v3 CPU and 8GB RAM. Looking to host a 7 Days To Die server on it for some friends. I host a few other game servers from my R710 and R900, but this one has a spare PCI-E Riser and was wondering if throwing in a PNY Nvidia GeForce GT 730 would be helpful or wouldn't matter at all when it comes to helping with performance. If anybody have any info I'd be forever grateful.

Thank you.

19 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

gpu won't help at all. Its all cpu + ram here.

Thanks for the info. it is kinda of what I thought since my other servers don't have a dedicated graphics. 

beside what has already been said that GPU has zero impact on the performance id say the biggest impact will be your network speed as this is usually where people are very limited.

2 hours ago, Pixel5 said:

beside what has already been said that GPU has zero impact on the performance id say the biggest impact will be your network speed as this is usually where people are very limited.

thankfully I have a decent connection at 150down / 15 up. I just seen the chance to add something that I had laying around. Thank you everybody for replying I appreciate it!